Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m not a fan of RID, but it’s been the one line that’s been neglected through all of the newer lines. Be cool to see it get some love for its 5 or 6 fans. 😂

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I too didn't care for RiD1's television series (though I was amused by Tow-Line and his silly episode (EDIT: I mean Tow-Line Goes Haywire, but it's probably obvious?)). But its character library in both original molds and Beast Wars and G2 redecos should give ample choice for new toy updates.

Not sure why Tow-Line gets the nod ahead of so many more significant characters. The memes maybe. But I'm not complaining anyway.

Possibly we will see the Autobot Brothers sometime? Dark Scream, Slapper, and Gas Skunk maybe?

EDIT: Oh, the Spychangers! They should be huge improvements over their old toys in every way but rolling ability.

EDIT 2: I suppose we should expect the Robotmasters redeco of Tow-Line as well? :3 Maybe as a Generations Selects.

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
I'd like a new Sky Byte, a solid one, not the hollow Thrilling 30's one, also Ruination from CW molds with an extra character to provide a gun. We saw that in Unite Warriors but maybe to commemorate the tenth anniversary of Combiner Wars and tie into Legacy?
Also IMO the Spychargers could also have come from CW molds: Hot shot, Rev, Wars and Crosswise from the car molds, Ironhide and Mirage couldn't be more obvious: a reuse of the jet and tank molds, and the torso be Optimus Prime from Hot Spot/Inferno.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
"EDIT: Oh, the Spychangers! They should be huge improvements over their old toys in every way but rolling ability."

This is funny to me because I was just fiddling with Spychanger Ultra Magnus last night and thinking: They should really just make more Spychangers.

Not updates or generations versions of them but more actual "transforming Hot Wheels cars Spychangers." They are like a perfect little unit of fun toy that they could just make forever to sell to kids (and me.)

-ZacWilliam, like they should never have stopped. Spychangers should just have been going as a subline forever.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'd like a new Sky Byte...and Ruination...

I would love a Skybyte/Cybershark that wasn't in a perpetual "curved" pose (like both the original TM2 and Legends molds had), so I could "whoosh" them around my imaginary ocean...

Also, a Ruination in the shop-exclusive urban/desert/forest camo versions would be great, as I see them as separate teams of bog-standard Decepticons, using a (now weaker) but dependable alt-mode and gestalt pattern for consistent battlefield results. They can also mix and match limbs, and/or use the "same" limbs (e.g. all helicopters) of the same cammo types for specific use-cases. Effectively, they could easily become troop builders.

Oh, and one Battle Gaia thankyouverymuch...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't watch RID, so I've got no pre-existing connection to Tow Line. That said, it is a pretty compelling deco, so as long as the toy comes out well, I can definitely see myself picking him up.

Toxitron as well. I'm assuming that he'll be the Scourge tanker truck semi mold, so that done up in a fun toxic waste type scheme would worth buying.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Tow-Line has the advantage of being a one-off character with a relatively straightforward transformation.

All the other RiD Autobots had interconnected play patterns (you can't homage RiD Magnus without RiD Optimus, and if you make one of the Car Bros you're still on the hook for the other two) and complex transformations (with the kind of thin builds and artful asymmetry that the modern design team doesn't really seem to like outside of the occasional Junkion). Would anyone really care about an X-Brawn without his Right Hand of Doom, or Sideburn without his riot shield and shoulder pad?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, Towline (Wrecker Hook) is said to be a redeco / retool of Scraphook.

Interesting. I wonder if it will be a retool to the point where it's been switched from Post- to Pre-apocalyptic, or if it will just be a brightly colored Mad Max (Glad Max?) vehicle.

EDIT: Or, third possibility, will it be in Robotmasters Evil Tow-Line colors? That would certainly fit the existing mold better.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I gave up on the whole 'have to do X because they did X' years ago. I still have the Ultra electronic Onslaught. Great incredibly solid if somewhat boring toy, though I outfitted mine with the HeadRobots Butcher set and that wound up awesome.

...in MY day, 3rd parties made UPGRADES, not figures! And they added those parts uphill in the snow both ways, Yetis attacking at every turn and Optimus Primal was the same guy as Opimus Prime but that meant that Cheetor had to be Hot Rod, or maybe Bumblebee, and-

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Excuse me, but Combiner Wars was like…last year, right? RIGHT?

How in the world has it been ten years…
You're not wrong, it hasn't been ten years.

Combiner Wars was 2015-2016. Ten years ago was 2013, which was the end of Generations Fall of Cybertron and the beginning of Generations Thrilling 30.

It won't be the tenth anniversary of Combiner Wars for a couple more years from now.

Glitch

Citizen
I gave up on the whole 'have to do X because they did X' years ago. I still have the Ultra electronic Onslaught. Great incredibly solid if somewhat boring toy, though I outfitted mine with the HeadRobots Butcher set and that wound up awesome.

...in MY day, 3rd parties made UPGRADES, not figures! And they added those parts uphill in the snow both ways, Yetis attacking at every turn and Optimus Primal was the same guy as Opimus Prime but that meant that Cheetor had to be Hot Rod, or maybe Bumblebee, and-
Still got the classics too, I just went into the loft oday to remind myself what a leader class figure used to be, lo and behold, I grabbed Revenge of the Fallen Leader class Optimus Prime, I tugged his body and got "I am Optimus Prime." with two flashing leds, one in his head, one in his body, both different colours.
Then I saw Hunt for the Decepticons leader class Starscream in his gorgeous deco, one button press and we get "No one can defeat Starscream."
Both solid, both posable, both awesome.

Then I went back down to look at the recent leader Blitzwing and wept. (Not really wept)

Top Bottom