Transformers Legacy toyline

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
One day we'll get a decent Volcanicus, they should ditch G1 adherence to do it.
Yeah, clearly we need a REAL G1-accurate Dinobot combiner.

THE_BEAST.jpg

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
It's easy to be hard on the POTP Dinobots when we have the stellar SS86 figures. But, at that point, that was the first time we had the full team since 1986(?), and combining is a neat trick (even if it wasn't totally successful). Plus, compared to what was being released at the time, they weren't terrible figures.

Of course, I say this despite selling my set over a year ago...

Shadewing

Citizen
It's easy to be hard on the POTP Dinobots when we have the stellar SS86 figures. But, at that point, that was the first time we had the full team since 1986(?), and combining is a neat trick (even if it wasn't totally successful). Plus, compared to what was being released at the time, they weren't terrible figures.

Of course, I say this despite selling my set over a year ago...

I can say that, as I still have mine, and the SS guys, and Cyberverse guys, and will be getting the Core guys... And if they do blue or grey Terrorsuar as BW Swoop, I'll get him to go with BW Grimlock too..

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Not that I don't appreciate having more Animated, but Bumblebee's gotta be the major character I was least interested in, simply because he's the one who's closest to just being the G1 guy drawn in a different art style.

Blot

Citizen
The Potpie set isn't awful for the most part. Grimlock's just not a very good torso. Needed stronger connections in the chest and shoulders and more robust hip joints to support the weight.
I like the toys for what they are but also acknowledge their choices to to lean on toy decos doesn't work when the thing that made the G1 Dinobots toy decos so appealing and interesting isn't done anymore in mainline. They just come across as uglier for it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not that I don't appreciate having more Animated, but Bumblebee's gotta be the major character I was least interested in, simply because he's the one who's closest to just being the G1 guy drawn in a different art style.
Though, I’m not sure that’s a necessarily BAD thing given the last time we got a mass retail Generations Bumblebee was during Titans Return.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Maybe the transformation will attempt to replicate some of the flair that Animated toys had. Otherwise this will be kinda pointless.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I saw Rescue Bot Chase listed, and I made a sound. I'm not sure what it was. Wasn't really a squee or squeal, more like a quickly-stifled excited scream.

If that's legit and I can't get my hands on one like RID15 Blurr, they might have to send Chase after me for real, know what I'm sayin'?

Glitch

Citizen
Beyond Lugnut Supreme, the only Animated character I would want in Legacy is Shockwave/Longarm Prime since it was a unique take on the character. Sure we've had Punch/Counterpunch, Skyfire and Doubledealer but that was a neat take on a classic character.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I was honestly surprised that the Ark didn't also become a stealth-homage to Animated Omega, and I would not find it odd if it became one for a convention exclusive or something, with a remolded head and hand and a 'toy colors' Mainframe. It's the sort of thing that would have been a pre-pandemic SDCC thing or a PulseCon Selects sort of item.

MrBlud

Citizen
An Ark remold into Animated Omega Supreme will satisfy absolutely no one.

It’s a Cybertron Brakedown GTS as G1 Kup level homage of a $180 Titan in 80% the same deco that didn’t even sell that well to begin with.

We’re more likely to get a Commander Class Wheelie.

Top Bottom