Transformers Legacy toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Got charged for the Alpha Trion/Orion Pax set.

Mixed feelings. I want AT but don't care much about Orion and have been feeling like it was too pricey for my blood and I should probably cancel. Procrastinated too long on that. I'll be happy to get the set and all, but I feel guilty about it. Don't like overspending on myself with the holidays coming up.

-ZacWilliam, I need to consider now whether to cancel Serpentor who I kind of want more but I'm not as big a Joe collector and who is even more expensive, but damn he looks so cool...

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Yeah, I don't want Pax either, but at least he also comes with Vector Sigma, so two out of three ain't bad.

Slapped together my Combiner Wars Devastator and god my copy sucks. He can't hold his gun because his elbow joints are way too lose. (Scavanger and Bonecrusher have similar issues) and the bots lack basic articulation. I know they reissued this toy recently, but god I honestly would go for a new Devastator at this point. I dunno how they'd release them at this point, but good lord. Can't track down an upgrade set either, they're all going for exorbitant prices.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
For those that are fans of "Notroplex", DMA are releasing a kit to fix some of the problems with it:

- https://tformers.com/dna-design-dk-...oplex-titan-class-upgrade-kit/47692/news.html

"...
The new kit adds new hands, chest parts, weapon extension, and a Drillbit robot figure like the original Cybertron release. These kits are listed for about $50 USD to being shipping in January 2023..."

Image of DNA Design DK-39 Transformers Legacy Titan Metroplex Upgrade Kit (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Notroplex Add-On Kit.jpg

Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I love DNA kits.
This one fixes my biggest problem with Metro, that his hands don't work appropriately in his worker or what I call his 'brute' mode. That's the mode my original one spends the most time in and it's the one I like the most. I'm glad this fixes that issue for me. that it comes with a Drillbit is a nice bonus.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I love DNA kits.
This one fixes my biggest problem with Metro, that his hands don't work appropriately in his worker or what I call his 'brute' mode. That's the mode my original one spends the most time in and it's the one I like the most. I'm glad this fixes that issue for me. that it comes with a Drillbit is a nice bonus.

The way they desgined the Titan verison is so that the hands are stored away and you connect his weapons/tools are the hands!

I like the look of that kit.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I'd be surprised if an official Core or Deluxe class Drillbit isn't coming down the pipe fairly soon.

Dake

Citizen
Dang... with the current discount on Metroplex, you basically can get the DNA kit for free. I really have no where to put him, but they make it more and more difficult.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
-ZacWilliam, I need to consider now whether to cancel Serpentor who I kind of want more but I'm not as big a Joe collector and who is even more expensive, but damn he looks so cool...
Keep the order for Serpentor. If nothing else, I suspect his resale value in the next couple years will be better so you'd at least be able to make back the money and then some. Or you'd have it when you fancy having a fancy Serpentor and the secondary market is 2-3x the price :p

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Dang... with the current discount on Metroplex, you basically can get the DNA kit for free. I really have no where to put him, but they make it more and more difficult.

Nearest constuction site or you could comission him to build a new level to your house for storage purposes!

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
The way they desgined the Titan verison is so that the hands are stored away and you connect his weapons/tools are the hands!

I like the look of that kit.
Yeah. I don't care for that particular look. I'd like him to be able to use his hands in both modes and have that as an extra for when I want to do that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like that this kit largely stays within Hasbro's design style. Hasbro has done the reversible thumbs idea plenty of times.

Upgrade kits are weird sometimes. Sometimes it's a little too obvious that it's a different company's design ideas slapped on to a Hasbro toy. Even if the result is an improvement, it's distracting. Like the toy equivalent of uncanny valley, or something. I know I'm looking at a Hasbro toy but something doesn't look right.

This is a good one.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I can't imagine they would.

-ZacWilliam, they don't have a financial reason to care about that (the opposite in fact) and I can't think of a single realistic reason they'd want to even outside of that.

Top Bottom