Transformers: EarthSpark

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm going to keep it for a bit until I can get caught up on Picard so I should still have it for the next part of season 1.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Just watched the first 3 Episodes of the new drop (Season 1 Part 2) and they were REALLY good. One episode focusing on each of the new Maltobots from the end of the last group.

1. Hashtag episode - She's fun and I love her relationship with her big sister. That's kind of a new transformers dynamic we haven't had before. I also love her final robot mode.Techno ponytail and internet powers are cool. Also I liked seeing cloning Insecticons and Skullcrunchers characterization here.

2. Jawbreaker episode - While I enjoyed her and Twitch together in her ep, Hashtag was a little bit of a pain here but that was kind of the point of the story and she realizes her mistake and apologizes well enough at the end to make up for it. As for Jawbreaker, he's lovely. I love the way the Maltos are absolutely Mom and Dad for him. It's not metaphor or a thing he calls them. Far as he's concerned they're his parents. Good lesson about growing up and a little more backstory for Megaton that was nice.

3. Nightshade episode- WOW! That was a heck of an episode. Love nightshade too. And a sympathetic, even borderline heroic Tarrantulas! I love them and they're getting caught up in science fiction and the choice of Altmode too. I absolutely need that toy.

-ZacWilliam, off to watch some more eps before lunch.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Burned through the rest of the drop. Thoughts.

4. Bumblebee episode. - Pretty cool to see Bumblebee old friends with a Decepticon. We continue with the theme of "humanized" not mustache twirling evil Cons. Ghost is really awful aren't they.

5. Mom and Kids episode. - What the heck is Evil Ghost-Lady up to. I get the hatefulled anti-TF stuff but why is she having someone dump apparently extremely toxic clearly labeled Ghost tech in the forest? Oh and I love how subtle they've been with the Mom's leg. I had actually forgotten about it till this episode. (Also, personally, I would have kept the laser foot.)

6. Megatron history episode - Cool flashback but I feel like they showed the whole thing a time more than they needed to. The rest of the episode was really good though. This show can really get serious when it wants to with Megatron. Also, wow the remembrance flowers from MTMTE, cool. I loved Nightshade's "Oh, good. Wasn't sure that would work."

7 and 8. Kids in the City 2-parter - The first part of this was a little slow but did a lot to flesh out everybody and the themes of the episode. Nightshade continues to be awesome with her altmode and swooping in to save Humans almost super-hero like. But HOLY COW is Hashtag a powerhouse compared to the rest of the team. At least in a city environment she's got a literal superpower. I love that she seems the least likely as she's usually so pleasant and silly. Mandroid is in rough shape. You could tell Ghost-lady was evil but she's even more evil than expected.

What that last two parter really solidified is that I really want toys of this whole Bot family. They are great together.

I like that this group of episodes really developed Twitch as growing into a Leadership role for the Maltobots. The thread starts in the Hashtag ep and carried through right to the final two-parter.

Looking forward to the next third of the season a lot.

-ZacWilliam, Hoping Breakdown makes it back someday in one piece...

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
This show has really good action when it wants to. Easily some of the most dynamic action I've seen in a TF show in a long ass time.

Interesting that
Mandroid appears to possibly not be the main human antagonist after all. 50/50 as he becomes more cybertronian he'll identify with them more and eventually turn on the evil lady.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Haven't had a chance to watch them yet. Does Skywarp show up?
Tfearthspark_skywarp_robot.jpg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes, they show up in the 2nd part of season 1.
EDIT... it is only briefly in the flashback scenes if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
She's goth colors. That's the lipstick that looks good on her.

Zacwilliam, with all the Female Seekers in modern cartoons I hope we get a Generations lady seeker soon.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I gotta say

I really respect the show for actually dealing with stuff like bigotry, xenophobia and gender identity. It's real easy to shy away from that stuff out of fear of attracting attention from irate fans and the fact that Nickelodeon and Hasbro both signed off on it is actually pretty cool.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That was my main take away from the final 2-parter of this drop:

I want the entire family of Maltobots.

-ZacWilliam, hopefully in rough scale to the size they are in the show.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I gotta say

I really respect the show for actually dealing with stuff like bigotry, xenophobia and gender identity. It's real easy to shy away from that stuff out of fear of attracting attention from irate fans and the fact that Nickelodeon and Hasbro both signed off on it is actually pretty cool.
It's in lieu of an education for kids in developing areas of the world with poorly funded schools, such as Florida...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
All of the usual third-party streaming sites haven't got the new episodes. I take it the only new episode had been Season 1, episode 11, which came out on the 3rd of March, right?

Could someone point me in the right direction (basic website) but please DON'T give direct links, as that's not allowed, I think.

(And Kim Cartoon doesn't seem to have any eps past ep 10....)

Cheers in advance.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
All of the usual third-party streaming sites haven't got the new episodes. I take it the only new episode had been Season 1, episode 11, which came out on the 3rd of March, right?

Could someone point me in the right direction (basic website) but please DON'T give direct links, as that's not allowed, I think.

(And Kim Cartoon doesn't seem to have any eps past ep 10....)

Cheers in advance.
The torrenting sites don't seem to have them either. I'm checking daily, but normally it's hours when something drops, not days.

Top Bottom