Transformers: EarthSpark

Cybersnark

Citizen
Finally got uploaded to the torrent sites a couple of weeks ago.

Grimlock was uncredited in the end-of-episode credits, I noticed. Hopefully he'll have more to say whenever the next batch of episodes drops.

As much as I love Hashtag, Jawbreaker, and Nightshade, it's clear they're destined to be non-toy characters, given the utter absence of anything more than cosmetic alt-mode kibble compared to Twitch & Thrash (and Hasbro's current policy of doing as little as possible for the kids' line :cautious: ).

Cybersnark

Citizen
Ah. I've never actually seen any EarthSpark toys in person, being in Canada, so I don't know what's on the packaging. Any idea on how they'll look?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Ah. I've never actually seen any EarthSpark toys in person, being in Canada, so I don't know what's on the packaging. Any idea on how they'll look?

You'll know them when you see them, the packing is different to Studio series and Legacy, being mostly white, at least the one steps I seen, I not seen any others but then my local toyshop barely stocks much of TF and my local supermarket even less than that!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Finally got uploaded to the torrent sites a couple of weeks ago.
Oh, Cyber, if I knew you were still looking for 'em, I could've helped ya out long ago. There's a Tumblr page with links to all the episodes.

Only Nightshade's robot head is seen in the cross-sell.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I've only seen a smattering, in exactly one store. I saw some at one of the local walmarts at christmas time, they had hidden the display over by the garden center (for some reason.). They have since moved the dregs (which amounts to two figures.) to the rest of the transformers, which also hasn't been updated since january.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Maybe the timing and content of this line/series was not seen as relevant to fans/the market, compared to other lines, especially the new film figures? Wrong time, wrong place?

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Our Walmart has lots of Earthspark. Our Target had a bunch about a month ago and sold out.

-ZacWilliam, if we're just going anecdotal it's at least as likely the line is doing fine as having any problems.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Hasbro's distribution has always been crap; if EarthSpark has any problems it's because streaming dumps kill any show's buzz (because everybody watches it on a different schedule, so no one can talk about it until they're finished the whole season/part/arc, at which time they see that no one else is talking about it, and everyone just forgets it and moves on to the next thing).

There's a reason Star Wars still releases their shows on a weekly schedule.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Hasbro's distribution has always been crap; if EarthSpark has any problems it's because streaming dumps kill any show's buzz (because everybody watches it on a different schedule, so no one can talk about it until they're finished the whole season/part/arc, at which time they see that no one else is talking about it, and everyone just forgets it and moves on to the next thing).

There's a reason Star Wars still releases their shows on a weekly schedule.

I imagine that's more to do with how releasing 10 episodes over two months will probably net you more sub money than releasing 10 episodes in one day.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
True, but he's basically saying the same thing as the generating of word of mouth gives more people time to think they're missing out so they get a subscription to get caught up before the next episode comes out so they can be in the loop. Happened to me with Game of Thrones.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There's a fair amount of debate over which... style, I guess, is better. But better is subjective, and the difference is largely generational, so the folks whom prefer weekly are dying out, replaced by those who prefer binging or simply do not care.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know I made a conscious decision that I was not going to collect Earthspark toys early on. Not because I don't like them, but because I have been trying to back off of toy purchases a bit so I'm being more selective. I have to admit though, seeing Twitch in stores has made it really tough to pass on her. I love her so much in the show.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I know I made a conscious decision that I was not going to collect Earthspark toys early on. Not because I don't like them, but because I have been trying to back off of toy purchases a bit so I'm being more selective. I have to admit though, seeing Twitch in stores has made it really tough to pass on her. I love her so much in the show.
You could do what I'm gonna try doing: restrict myself to just the EarthSpark Deluxes.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm just watching the other Earthspark eps.

Holy cow, was ep12 with Jawbreaker looking for his alt mode an analogy on losing his virginity?!?

Also that Megatron interview was great.

Edit - holy fuuuuuu----, the guest character looks AMAZING! I can't believe they used him! I love it!

I didn't peg Nightshade as the scientist type.

I've very sad about how it ended but I hope there's a follow up. Love this new version. Miss the laugh though.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, I went to a nearby Walmart tonight, and Earthspark Warrior Optimus was in the clearance aisle for $3. I was a little surprised by that, so I went back to the TF section, and Warrior Elita and Skywarp both still scanned at full price, but I realized they also had a pair of Warrior Megatrons hidden behind. No Terran Thrash that I could find, though.
Might be worth checking those pegs a little more closely now, though, if you're looking for Thrash, because I'm guessing they'll start hitting stores soon.

Top Bottom