Transformers: EarthSpark

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
btw, was Animated Sari born on Earth? Or was her protoform seen in Cybertron first? I forget.
Sari is a Cybertronian who scanned a human for her altmode. The tininess of her protoform combined with the fact that she scanned the DNA of an organic lifeform to acquire an organic altmode, instead of scanning a machine to acquire a mechanical one, lends credence to the theory that she may have been a time-displaced Maximal protoform from Animated's future era instead of an Autobot protoform.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Show's barely out and we've already god a potentially classic amv.

I especially like that bit starting at 0:40 with Twitch and Soundwave seemingly interacting with the dubstep.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Does anyone have an explanation on the end of Decoy? The only Recon I know is Recon Ravage, the toy recolor of movie Ravage. He's an official character now?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Anyone notice that the drink was called "Sari" (or was it "Sumdak")?

Here are some of the "G1" images from the first episode.

Screenshot_20221110-053448.png
Screenshot_20221110-053500.png

Screenshot_20221110-053509.png

(I thought I knew which comics these were homaging, but I couldn't find anything...)
Screenshot_20221110-054530.png
Screenshot_20221110-054545.png
Screenshot_20221110-054554.png
Screenshot_20221110-054630.png

(I liked how this scene pastiched the current "Mary-Sue" incarnation of Bumblebee, with this possibly even referencing the Bumblebee film, where BB saves the day, although here it's Prime that leaves to go to Earth..."Ok, byeeeeee!")

Screenshot_20221110-054752.png

(Who would stand for this "Woke, GI-Jane" nonsence? US, that's who!)

Screenshot_20221110-054842.png

(These scenes are going to cause some "Mandela Syndrome" moments for some people in the future...)

G1 Marvel Comics.gif

Anyway, I wonder if Mandroid will closely homage "Autobot X"?

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Autobot_X_(G1)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The local walmart had a cardboard stander of earthspark toys hidden over in the christmas decorations. I'm not overly impressed by the designs in general (too reminiscent of the quality for cyberverse which looked cheap to me, in comparison to the generations line, I mean.), but if they had had a arcee I admit I would have snatched that one.

RichardT519

Citizen
Targets are resetting this week. Mine had four deluxes (until I bought the Twitch), a couple of warriors, and two or three of the Optimus spin-changers.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I grabbed the lone Twitch at my Target this afternoon. Left two Megatrons and a Bumblebee.
Loving the simplicity of her altmode and just the fun personality of the figure. Not quite as much as Animated but she’s a fun bot so far.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I saw the Earthspark toys at our nearest Target. Twitch and Elita-1 look great! I didn't pick them up this time, kinda want to see what the prices are when they hit Walmart. Hopefully I don't regret that choice, but wave 1 usually sticks around a while (glares at all the Legacy Skids and Arcee figures on hooks everywhere)

Dvandom

Citizen
My Target had the tags up the last time I checked (Tuesday), but on empty pegs. Will check again today.

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Interview With Alan Tudyk On His Role As Optimus Prime

What goes through your head when you learn that you’re going to be part of such a well-known franchise?

I got an email asking if I wanted to do it. I read it and my brain rejected the idea that I would even be asked to play Optimus Prime. I read it as Prime. I saw Prime and I was like, “Oh, right. There are other Primes.” Because I did [2011 live action film] Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, and there was another Prime [Sentinel]. There was Optimus and then this other guy showed up.

It was like one of the original Primes and so I thought I was like Optometrist Prime or some other, you know, Amazon Prime. I was like, “Cool. I’ll be talking about Transformers. I’ll probably have like two lines an episode and I get to do this cool thing.” It wasn’t until just a few days before I ever had to record that I started working on it and saw that all the lines in the script that were highlighted were Optimus, and I freaked out.

Why?

Like, there’s no way! [Laughs] What are you talking about? I’m more like Uncomfortable Prime, I shouldn’t be… That’s usually my characters that I play: Indecision Prime, left or right? We really had a blast, I came in and worked on it, and we had a really good time. The first time I got to say “Autobots, roll out,” I got chills, literally chills. And then they turned up the heat. And then we continued the session.

What’s been your main take-away for your character?

I would say it’s just so much fun. I love this new iteration; there’s areas of grey here because it’s now after the war, and Megatron and Optimus Prime are working together, but it’s not clean-cut. Some of the Decepticons are still fighting this war, so they’ll capture them and it’s like, “Are they your enemies? Are they your friends? You’re all part of the same species. So what is it?” There’s a question there. It’s about looking after ourselves as a species, which is a good message at any time in history, but working together for the common good.

I also took away how cool the animation has become. From when you first watched it to now, this big animation is so cool, it looks really, really good. It’s very entertaining, there’s a lot to it. There’s a story family, a lot of that part of the story, but then there’s also some really great action.

You can read the rest of the interview on SFX Magazine – February 2023.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I might not like Earthspark, but I like the new direction it's going for- instead of starting off with Prime vs Megs it's Prime AND Megs vs Cons (and Mandroid).
I'm hoping they have more Cons who defected and are working with the Autobots and GHOST. It makes sense that some would be Megaton loyalists rather than cause loyalists, and it's always fun when they mix up who the characters interact with in friendly/antagonistic manners.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm hoping they have more Cons who defected and are working with the Autobots and GHOST. It makes sense that some would be Megaton loyalists rather than cause loyalists, and it's always fun when they mix up who the characters interact with in friendly/antagonistic manners.
It's a little surprising that Soundwave wasn't one of those Megatron loyalists. One would think that he, of all Cons, would be one such Megs loyalist.

Top Bottom