Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ironbite4

Citizen
Um...so Cannon's district is Mar-a-Largo so that's why it was assigned there.

Ironbite-it's also why Trump put her there.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
the ft. pierce area is deep red. if tgey're able to select jurists from anywhere in her district, though, West Palm is deep blue.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They won't, though. Even if it causes the entire case to get thrown out and calls for a retrial, that's still to Trumps benefit.

The real question about it now is where the jurors will stand on Trumps vs DeSantis.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
ngl, i get the doomism around this shit, but i sort of doubt this'll go trump's way. again, if he's just charged with sedition or insurrection, he's basically SOL and can't run for office again, and SCOTUS can't do shit about it bc it's in the constitution.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It's a renegade court though (and once again: I hate that reality has ruined an awesome word.) and if benefits THEM they will happily make treason legal.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
But are they willing to vote him out if he continues on his anti-woke crusade at the expense of everything else?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Er, gerrymandering doesn't matter when voting for governor.

He's not eligible to run again anyway, unless the legislature changes the rules for him. But they won't, as he is burning all of his bridges right now.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Er, gerrymandering doesn't matter when voting for governor.

He's not eligible to run again anyway, unless the legislature changes the rules for him. But they won't, as he is burning all of his bridges right now.
The same legislature that said they weren't going to change the law so he can run for president while governor... and then changed the law cause he told them to. If he wants them to, he'll have them change the law so he can have as many terms as he wants.

But... given how badly his presidential run is going, I don't think he wants to run for a government position again. The dude is only interested in power, and if he can't move up, he's moving out.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The same legislature that said they weren't going to change the law so he can run for president while governor... and then changed the law cause he told them to. If he wants them to, he'll have them change the law so he can have as many terms as he wants.

My point is he is losing the kind of clout that allowed him to do that. His campaign is laughably bad, and he's too busy doing that to get any headlines as governor either.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I kinda said that too, so I completely agree with your assessment. Desantis is done. He can't keep doing the governor thing, cause he's out of time and no one will fix it for him, and he literally cannot move up: even in an uncontested primary; he will never be elected in the general. Dude is a complete and utter loser and his time in government ends here. All that's left for him is speaking tours and those will fizzle out quickly because he has all the charisma of an impacted tooth while passing a kidney stone. And given his retaliatory history against major corporations: he won't even be able to get a reasonable corporate job because everyone will either know he's likely to bite the hand that feeds, or is one of the many, many bitten hands already in his past.

The true shame is that it's going to take GENERATIONS to clean up the damage one deranged man did in 8 years... again.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Back on the topic of Trump, he said that target letter gave him 4 days to report to the grand jury and as far as I can tell, he's not done that yet. He has had time to post more rants on his social media wasteland though.
Hopefully some movement this week?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The target letter is NOT a order to appear. It is a REQUEST to appear. He was under no legal, moral or ethical obligation to show up and endure questioning.

Does it look bad for him? Yup. Is it a better idea than showing up and either getting caught in a lie or spending the entire time, once again, pleading the fifth? Absolutely. But don't worry. There's already two court dates set, and a third is coming very probably this week. He'll be under oath and under scrutiny from competent litigators before we all know it. There's still plenty of time for him to continue to incriminate himself while under oath, and in the mean time: he can continue to build the body of evidence against himself via social media all he wants.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Back on the topic of Trump, he said that target letter gave him 4 days to report to the grand jury and as far as I can tell, he's not done that yet. He has had time to post more rants on his social media wasteland though.
Hopefully some movement this week?
if he doesn't appear in front of a grand jury in time that's another crime on the list, lol

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Even when they order it, Trump's unlikely to show up willingly. He's never had to face consequences before and he won't bother now, unless they finally actually arrest him and force him to appear.

Sure, if anyone less famous had done a tenth of the stuff he's being accused of, they'd have been rotting in a hole a long time ago, but two justice systems and all that.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
if he doesn't appear in front of a grand jury in time that's another crime on the list, lol
Nah, this isn't a subpoena. Like wonko said, it's an offer for Trump to appear and give the grand jury a reason for them not to indict him, if he has one. That letter is really just a formality.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Even when they order it, Trump's unlikely to show up willingly. He's never had to face consequences before and he won't bother now, unless they finally actually arrest him and force him to appear.

Sure, if anyone less famous had done a tenth of the stuff he's being accused of, they'd have been rotting in a hole a long time ago, but two justice systems and all that.
When the subpeonas drop: trump will show up. His lawyers, if no one else around him; know that disobeying will make things worse for him, look awful to both the population and the world, and cause immediate repercussions like being actually arrested and being incarcerated during the trial(s).

Frankly, I'm surprised he's still in the US at all. I thought he would have legged it after the FBI warrant.

Top Bottom