Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
At this point, I refuse to get hyped over anything less than actually throwing him behind bars. We get a new "smoking gun" at least once a week and he's still free.
I think I may have said before, as much as I'd love him to actually be arrested for his crimes, I see little to no chance of that happening. I'll be happy if he's somehow barred from ever holding political office again.

NEITHER scenario stops Trump from actively riling up his base, but nothing short of death will do that, so there's nothing to do but wait....

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
No, his base won't let his death stop them, and if anything it'll just cement his status as a messianic figure. Even if his death was entirely from messianic causes. After all, that's the difference between a mere cult and a religion, whether the founder is still alive.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
A not-insignificant portion of his base thinks JFK Jr. is still alive and Joe Biden is dead. The guy in the White House is apparently a clone. Just sayin'.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Which reminds me 'All Hail Clone Biden, may your genetic code endure for millennia.'

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
No, his base won't let his death stop them, and if anything it'll just cement his status as a messianic figure. Even if his death was entirely from messianic causes. After all, that's the difference between a mere cult and a religion, whether the founder is still alive.
I did not say that MAGA would die without Trump, but HE won't be riling them up anyone once he's dead.

They'll be doing that all on their own.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, between the literally incessant propaganda, and the conspiracy theories: they don't need a messiah. They'll just make shit up, which will inspire more violence and more conspiracies. I think we're near a breaking point though, you can only wind up a spring for so long before it snaps.

That's not a good thing. Snapping is bad.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
As we already saw with Epstein, if Trump dies, they'll just assume someone in the deep state did it. Probably the Clintons. That will result in any number of nutbars going out to get revenge in whatever way they think is appropriate.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He's a wannabe fascist dictator, isn't that what they all try and do to secure power? The scary part is his followers would cheer such a move on despite the fact that once he pulls something like that off, they won't be any safer from his wrath than anyone else.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
His followers have been programmed to believe that so long as the "insert target community here" are losing, they're winning. Even if it affects them, hurts them, so long as the other guy is suffering they are winning.

The most basic tribal mentality. Literally the monkeys from the monolith scene in 2001: a space odyssey.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
As we already saw with Epstein, if Trump dies, they'll just assume someone in the deep state did it. Probably the Clintons. That will result in any number of nutbars going out to get revenge in whatever way they think is appropriate.
Remember how Iraq didn't turn into a quagmire until after Hussein had been captured and executed and suddenly there were all these leaderless gangs of insurgents making it impossible to drive ten feet without getting blown up?

Yeah, maybe it's better if we let them start a civil war while they still have the capacity to lose.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Trump and his cronies pushed for a later date. They originally wanted to push it until after the election was over entirely. At which point, if he wins, he'll try to pardon himself.

Just watch. When that date rolls around, they'll ask for another delay because he'll be so busy on the campaign trail and can't possibly make it to court. It's the same scheme, just with more steps.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I recognize that she only put it in the august date so trump could object and look at least viable in the objection. I'm wondering why no one is calling her out for overruling her own date?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm still wondering why nobody pushed for her to be removed from the trial entirely, considering who appointed her and her proven biases in previous cases involving him.

The US justice system is a bad joke.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
I think what's even more concerning is that Florida "randomly" assigned it to a deep red district. That part of the state is ******* infested with MAGA white trash and evangelicals.

Top Bottom