Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Pear-shaped Trumpers think it's such an alpha-male move to go on social media and declare that Taylor Swift is "not hot".

I hate Trump's raspy sing-song kindergarten half-wit style of talking soooo much ...

The fact that the MAGA trolls promised to turn the full power of their right-wing boycott machine on the Super Bowl and it ended up being the highest-rated broadcast in the history of television will never not be funny.

Trump is such a horrible person that even if you somehow removed the racist and sexist parts of his personality, he would STILL be the worst person you ever met.

It would be super-ironic if someone started a charity to help Donald Trump pay his bills ... and then kept all the money and spent it on himself.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
There's only two options here:

1.) it's genuine supporters calling on other genuine supporters whom are ALL tapped out, and would never hit even close to 350 million in the first place.
2.) it's a bunch inspired by Barr, whom are intending to embezzle the whole ******* mess when it caps 100K.

There's no other outcome here.
The organizer is a billionaire, so 100K would be chump change to them.

You may be wondering why, if they're a billionaire and they care so much about Donald Trump, they don't just pay the entire amount themself.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He cares about trump because he's sucking up in case trump becomes president again (he won't. But don't get complacent!). With this information, there's an option 3.) The go fund me fails spectacularly, everyone gets refunded, and mr.billionaire shrugs his shoulders and gets to say "See my lord, I tried!".

This way he gets a solid way out, sucks up nicely, and spends no time or money on his own part.

And... in a few months... if it goes better than he thought it would: can still embezzle the coin if it's obvious trump will go to jail and/or a locked down dementia ward. My bet is on the latter.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Just wait for the next group to move in.

EmPfK_4UYAEyRIz.jpg

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
Goddamned Trumpers complain about Iran sending drones to Russia but they're too stupid to realize that if Trump hadn't unceremoniously jettisoned the Iran nuclear non-proliferation deal for nothing, the US could use the threat of cancelling that deal as a bargaining chip against Iran now.

Trump and his minions believe that good deal-making is just pushing other people around all the time, but the problem with bullying people 100% of the time is that you can't always get what you want by bullying people. Sometimes, you need to actually bargain with them, and when that happens, it's good to have bargaining chips.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It's another thing the far left and the far right have in common, sadly. Believing you have to be mean to the Bad People 100% of the time because they're bad and they deserve it, and anything less is cause to believe you're secretly on their side.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

In case you're curious how much Trump owes from all his recent court losses. You can even see the interest accruing in realtime.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Can't wait until they start seizing assets. You know that's the only way anyone is gonna get any money from him.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I want to see leticia james and e jean caroll arm wrestle for the deed to 40 wall street. Make it a charity event, have trump pay for it. Hell, throw in a raffle where 5 winners get to take home the giant letters off the side of the building.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
He didn't put up the bond, so it doesn't change the fact he has to pay the money within 30 days or they start seizing his assets. The appeals court would have to grant a stay without a bond.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
So Trump has informed the courts that he intends to post less than one quarter of the bond that he was ordered to post.

This is a good example of his privilege. All his life, he has viewed the law as something to negotiate with, not something to obey. In his mind, it is perfectly reasonable to respond to a court order by basically saying "OK, here's my much lower counter-offer". That's because this is how he's always acted. He has never taken the law seriously.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Even if the Supreme Court decides immunity in Trump's favor...it's not going to really affect his obligations to his civil penalties. Not that he and his cronies aren't going to try any BS they can think of, but immunity from prosecution for Jan 6 won't shield him from the millions in civil penalties he's on the hook for.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yeah, that immunity does nothing against this judgement. We'll see if SCOTUS considers presidents as living gods, but he's still gotta pay.

Top Bottom