Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Same. He doesn’t care unless it means incarceration, and if that ever looked likely, I can see his legal minions quickly switching to an Uncle Junior defence. (I mean, probably with some success, given that Trump does seem cognitively impaired.)
I’m still rolling the dice on him dying from his health style and stress (maybe even suicide) before he spends a day in prison. I think it’s still up in the air if he’ll even survive through the Insurrection prosecution, given how long he and his lawyers are dragging it out.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
So is that it for Trump and court for now until the election obstruction case that starts March 4? It's genuinely hard to keep track!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There's a reason that he's turning the court cases into campaign stops: he's got so many he didn't really have a choice.

Ironbite4

Citizen
New York's fraud trial decision comes Wednesday I believe.

Ironbite-should be fun to see Habba get spanked on national TV again.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Donald Trump fancies himself Caesar, but the Roman figure he most closely resembles is not Caesar, but Crassus.

Marcus Licinius Crassus lived from 115 to 53BC. He was a Roman nobleman who made his money in real-estate. He accumulated vast real-estate holdings through one simple trick: he owned Rome's only fire department. When buildings were on fire, he would send his firefighters there but not put out the fire. Instead, he would offer to buy the burning building from its owner at an absurdly low price. If the owner refused, he would let the building burn down. If the owner agreed, he would put out the fire and add the building to his real-estate holdings.

He was such a corrupt, vile, selfish individual that the modern insult "crass" is named after him. When he was captured in Parthia after a disastrous attempt to play at being a general, it is said that his captors killed him by pouring molten gold down his throat, to mock his legendary greed.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Part of me is like "It's been two years, no way even trump is stupid enough to keep illegal stuff back there"

But then part of me is like "it's ******* trump. He would have had to have gotten someone to move that shit for him, and no one has narc'd on it yet... so there's probably illegally kept stuff still there".

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
And then they open it and it's just Junior's coke stash. Donny didn't report it because that would've meant knowing or caring what his kids were up to.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Of course, now that they've gone and announced their plans to do a second raid to the media, he's been given ample time to just move it somewhere else.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And once again create a steady stream of narcs: because he still doesn't do his own work. If they move it, it will be found out.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Of course, now that they've gone and announced their plans to do a second raid to the media, he's been given ample time to just move it somewhere else.
They could give him a 4 month headstart and he still wouldn't move anything until the day before.

Ironbite-because he can't believe this is happening to him and nothing will come of it.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Because nixon was pardoned. All these questions would have been answered 50 years ago in a less extreme, less fanatical context: but nixon got pardoned with the intent of healing and moving forward.

At least they did the right thing.

Edit: the appeals court, not gerald ford.

Last edited:

Top Bottom