Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If he went to a debate, he'd just incriminate himself more on all of his many ongoing trials and investigations, and almost certainly violate all of the court orders about threatening remarks. While I eagerly await someone finally locking him up, his lawyers aren't quite that stupid. Plus, we all know the cult will jump on any pretense of an order to harass and threaten anyone involved in those trials , so for their own sake I kinda hope he stays away.

Fun fact, while typing cult above, my auto-fill came up with MAGA unprompted. Even my phone knows.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Right. And this one hurts him more then any federal indictment could.

Ironbite-cause it's a hit to his brand.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Engoron is slated to hold a non-jury trial starting Oct. 2 before deciding on those claims and any punishments he may impose. James is seeking $250 million in penalties and a ban on Trump doing business in New York, his home state.
Seems like he's not banned yet, but may be if the judge decides that's an appropriate punishment.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
So what does not being allowed to do business in New York entail for someone who owns a lot of valuable real estate in New York? I assume he'll have to shut down all his hotels, but is he even allowed to sell them off, or is that considered "doing business in New York" too? Is he going to be stuck just leaving them abandoned until the city condemns them?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Selling property doesn't require a business license, so he's probably able to do that. He'd likely have to go through a third party agent, though.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
In an ideal world, they'd all get turned into something the city actually needs, but you know they're all just going to get bought by some other evil billionaire. Probably Hilton.

Axaday

Citizen
I think the Trump Organization will continue to do business in New York, but he wouldn't be allowed to run the company.

Axaday

Citizen
Same guy that touted his victory over Obama in the 2016 election last week, said in South Carolina this week that he'd visited South Carolina in 2015 when everyone thought Jeb Bush was going to win the nomination and then blamed Jeb Bush for getting us into war in the middle east.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Same guy that touted his victory over Obama in the 2016 election last week, said in South Carolina this week that he's visited South Caroline in 2015 when everyone thought Jeb Bush was going to win the nomination and then blamed Jeb Bush for getting us into war in the middle east.
Yeah, well, you can't fix stupid.

Top Bottom