Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
NFT's you say... Yup EPICALLY STUPID, just as I thought. Who in their right mind would launch a NEW NFT after the crypto crash and in the middle of the FTX fiasco.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
You know an announcement is tone deaf when even on Truth people are calling this ******* stupid.
Just a genuinely asinine move. But honestly, the truly funny thing is that this may be what finally breaks Trump's hold over the GOP. Like, the revolt has really geared up since this announcement.

Not the casual, deliberate misogyny. Not the continual investigations and law breaking. No, twas NFTs that finally exposed the nude emperor for what he was.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
You know an announcement is tone deaf when even on Truth people are calling this ******* stupid.
Social media site modeled after Twitter encourages people to post hot takes; in other news, water is wet. I'm sure once they've had time to cool off, they'll realize that this is actually a brilliant idea that their Dear Leader had, and that actually they never said or believed otherwise, yes sir I'd like some more.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Social media site modeled after Twitter encourages people to post hot takes; in other news, water is wet. I'm sure once they've had time to cool off, they'll realize that this is actually a brilliant idea that their Dear Leader had, and that actually they never said or believed otherwise, yes sir I'd like some more.

I don't think so. I believe we've reached the last straw and the camel can't take no more.
There's a ton of backlash, even from the true believers like Steve Bannon. No one was happy with this announcement and I'm sure Trump is having a huge meltdown over the reaction. We'll see him lash out more and more in the coming days as he tries to get back on top of the bull.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
There's a ton of backlash, even from the true believers like Steve Bannon.
What are they saying? The worst even I can muster is that it's hilariously lame. Imagine getting actually angry about this—and I say that as the guy whose thread on NFTs is literally named "The blockchain is going to destroy everything".

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh, they aren't against NFT's, per say: given how it's basically a ponzi scheme I can understand why they like them, but they think the person who told trump to do this needs to be fired.

They're still kissing his ass, they just think this is stupid. Given how they were expecting a POLITICAL announcement, I get the anger.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I mean, he already announced his 2024 candidacy; what else could he have had to reveal?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He could ignore precedent and announce his VP now. Though I was expecting House Speaker Candidate Trump rather than NFTs.

NovaSaber

Citizen

The images were so lazy that based on reverse image searches they were edited photos scraped off the internet. It’s unclear if they were edited by hand or perhaps crafted using AI image generation, though the one image of Trump in hunter garb bears a very distinct resemblance to waders crafted by Banded, a hunting apparel company.

Trump’s cowboy outfit appears to match a leather duster imported to shops like Scully Sportswear, a California-based costume and western garb shop. The same duster, with an image of a white duster, is also available on Amazon.

But here's the trading card he actually deserves.

KNzS4Gvh.jpg

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
From that article:
but even more, one big fan of Mr. Trump will be “guaranteed” a ticket to some future gala dinner with him, ostensibly at his Mar a Lago residence in South Florida.
Given how many "win dinner with Trump" contests they've previously run which have not had a single documented winner having dinner with Trump, I am also skeptical about the idea that anyone is going to be doing so this time.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
More on the NFTs!
The fine print includes that if an NFT is ever resold, Trump gets 10% of the money. The fine print also links to a terms and conditions page which doesn't exist. And the trail of where the company producing the NFTs is registered leads to some fun and interesting places!

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Great, and since these things are trading for twice their price somehow his grift continues.

Top Bottom