Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
When in doubt, go for the Chewbacca Defense. Make your argument so stupid, nonsensical, and endlessly rambling, that it can't be argued against, because there wasn't really an argent to begin with. And stupid, nonsensical, and endlessly rambling is Trump in a nutshell.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There's a reason even his expired passports were seized.
People illegally cross the border all the time, and trump has no problem breaking laws. I suspect we might see him houdini sooner rather than later.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
People illegally cross the border all the time, and trump has no problem breaking laws. I suspect we might see him houdini sooner rather than later.
Where to, though? Like, Russia is the obvious answer, but how much does Putin really care about Trump being in prison? I suspect he'd be more likely to have him shot than letting him go there.

He's made enemies all around the globe, too, so there aren't a lot of places that'd welcome him in. He's also too much of an avaricious slob to tolerate some third world backwater.

If he tries crossing the southern border, he'll be lucky to escape with his cajones intact after all the slander he's aimed their way.

Like, he could still try, but I'm not sure he's daring enough to do it.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Considering his kid took 2 BILLION in funds from the UAE, I bet he'd leg it to dubai. There's also no end of trumpists in basically every corner of the US, so literally just boarding a jet at an unregulated airport would be enough to get him off the continent. He probably wouldn't hit problems until he hit europe: and even there if you wave enough money around you'll get your way.

I'm telling you: trump and his are flat running out of excuses, crowds to rile up, and lawyers to con. They're going to leg it.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
It would, but I still think he's too much of a spineless coward to do it. But others might push him to do so, if only to save their own hides.

But, like, isn't he being watched? Like, if one of the most recognizable faces in the country manages to slip out from under the FBI, it's going to be a shitstorm.

Honestly, I think he has a much better chance of being murdered before the trial than escaping. He's not a beloved leader to anyone with power, just a useful tool that's rapidly running out of usefulness.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Honestly, it depends on which is worse for him: the rep loss of fleeing the country, or going to jail. And frankly; he would be going to a federal prison on espionage charges, so... yeah. Realistically, the damage he could have caused from his "souvenirs", if he makes it to trial: he'd be lucky if they don't charge him with treason.

Given how hard they'll have to prosecute him to 1.) discourage future trumps from trying the exact same thing (and soon even.) and 2.) prove that the justice system actually DOES work in the US...

Of course, if they even get him in front of a judge: it's going to be a hell of a thing. There's still hundreds of thousands of deranged cultists, armed to the teeth and waiting for trump to give the order to go to war, and more than a few sitting GOP members (cause they're a bunch a dicks! Get it?!?) who will support it till they're in front of a firing squad themselves. If they go easy on him: then justice is a joke and the rich own the country, if they prosecute as they could, it might very well trigger large scale random violence across the country.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
My take (usually wrong, but here it is anyway), is that:
If Trump flees the country, he’ll immediately alienate most of his base. Instead of “staying an’ fightin’!”, he’s basically ran from all his own bullshit. You can’t really dress that angle up. And that could ripple down to the myriad of people that have hitched their own agendas to the “Trump Train” in terms of loss of support or backlash.

If he stays to face trial…he could EASILY bullshit his way into making himself a “martyr” of sorts for the right. A man politically persecuted for going against the corrupted government he was fighting against. I mean, it SOUNDS ridiculous…but does that even MEAN anything when it comes to Trump anymore? Hell, there were people still on Alex Jones’ side during the entire defamation proceedings, is it really outlandish that Trump wouldn’t be able to pull the same thing?
Even if found guilty, he could probably maintain that angle until he dies and grift people the entire time.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
He's going to bullshit himself into a martyr even if he runs. Literally: He'll just claim the democrats want to turn him into a political prisoner like the jan 6th insurrectionists, and he had to run away to avoid their witch hunt and the unselect committee. All the while the rest of the republicans will be screaming that he did nothing wrong and every judicial branch of the government needs to be defunded to stop the unamerican overreach.

Kup

Citizen
Yeah I think running gives him an even stronger persecution persona. “Look how bad it is, I had to flee to keep fighting the Deep State. Vote for me, your president in exile, so I can come back to US shores and rule.”

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

Let's take a ride on the Wayback Machine, to 1924 when Hitler was released early from the prison term he was serving after his violent coup attempt, and the New York Times declared that he'd learned his lesson and would never do anything bad again.

6ZVAXzD.jpg

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And since he got to sit on them for two and a half years that could still be the case. Sure the Feds seized them but who knows how many copies were printed by Trump or cronies.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
That seems like it would be a really bad move, since at that point he is openly committing treason which carries a penalty of death in the US. I would absolutely interested to see how many people would still be defending him under those circumstances.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
They're a brainwashed cult. It doesn't matter WHERE he says something, only that he's feeding into the narrative. The difference between scenarios is that death row trump will have no means to reach the public, and the world will only really know about his execution after the fact.

When, in fact, they need to pay per view that shit and make some bread.

Top Bottom