Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You know, there tends to be one thread in this subforum I typically save for last as a palate cleanser because it's the one most likely to contain good news. It used to be the Ukraine one, when it looked like they were kicking Russia's ass. Now it's this one, of all things.
They're still kicking russia's ass: the timeline just got longer and bloodier is all.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm having the hilarious thought of him trying to flee but also still insisting he has the right to Secret Service protection, and they decide to just arrest him themselves. In the interests of protecting him, of course.

I don't know if they actually can make an arrest like that because it's never been necessary before, but hey, he's had a lot of firsts, right?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And frankly: it depends entirely on whose on the team when the order comes down. He's got more than a few fans in the secret service, and I bet a good number of them volunteer for trump duty.

I mean... I get it: when you're in a position where you simply don't understand that you're being exploited, then the exploitation will continue. But it's a KNOWN FACT that trump uses literally everyone around him until they run out of money or fail and then they get abandoned. How does anyone fall for it when all the facts, the patterns, it's all exposed for everyone to see?

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."

― Carl Sagan

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I'm having the hilarious thought of him trying to flee but also still insisting he has the right to Secret Service protection, and they decide to just arrest him themselves. In the interests of protecting him, of course.

The Secret Service are in cahoots with Il Douche.

I mean... I get it: when you're in a position where you simply don't understand that you're being exploited, then the exploitation will continue. But it's a KNOWN FACT that trump uses literally everyone around him until they run out of money or fail and then they get abandoned. How does anyone fall for it when all the facts, the patterns, it's all exposed for everyone to see?
Simple answer: He gives them the okay to hate. For that, they'll face God and walk backwards into Hell for him.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

Anyone who's ever seen fundamentalist Bible apologetics will recognize the desperate rationalizations being thrown out by Team Trump: they will say any ridiculous thing they need in order to justify their cult beliefs.

Think of the kind of people who manufactured entire alternate versions of geology and cosmology, just to explain how the Great Flood could have literally happened. Do you think they would have any trouble believing that the FBI planted documents that Trump knew would be there and warned his followers to expect?

NovaSaber

Citizen
The existence of wingnut megachurches saying things like "God has anointed Trump" means that's not even an analogy.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

Trump is probably going to claim that he still has the presidential authority to declassify documents a year after leaving office, and FOXNews will bring on "experts" to say he's absolutely right.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
While normally your FB friend is quite poignant and au-courrant... yeah: this is a given. Literally fox playbook 101.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Fox changes their story every time Trump changes his mind. Which is roughly every four minutes, and only takes that long because he has to stop rambling about the previous thought first and meander his way back to something vaguely resembling a point.

Wonder if they ever get whiplash from snapping back so fast.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Don't be so sure folks. Seems Faux Noise is pointing their mics at DeSantis these days.

Ironbite-might be interesting to see what happens if his chosen picks don't win in the Midterms.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Trump/Madoff 2024

I know he's dead, but Trump will likely be too, by the time 2024 rolls around.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
To be fair, I don't want him dead yet. I want him prosecuted, put through every level of legal hell applicable, and forced to face consequences for the first time in his miserable excuse for a life.

When his corrupt empire is in ashes, then he has my permission to die.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
No idea why he's asking.

It'll be Kushner. Because a man who shouldn't be trusted with a security clearance (an agreement shared by ALL security apparatus in the nation that Trump overruled) clearly is fully qualified to run roughshod over the Senate.

Top Bottom