Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Just wanted to say I finally got to watch Special 4 - The New Dr Christmas one last night and I LOVED it. He was so much fun and the writing was great. Sign me up.

-ZacWilliam, the ONLY negative is having to wait until spring for the new season.

Shadewing

Citizen
Just wanted to say I finally got to watch Special 4 - The New Dr Christmas one last night and I LOVED it. He was so much fun and the writing was great. Sign me up.

-ZacWilliam, the ONLY negative is having to wait until spring for the new season.

Better then having to wait till Autumn :p

Echowarrior

Citizen
Neither of those serials are complete, and thus I wouldn't have expected them to be included.
Kind of a shame, though. Those serials did have their missing episodes restored with animation for the DVD releases. Perhaps the animations require a different sort of negotiation for distribution?

LiamA

Citizen
Kind of a shame, though. Those serials did have their missing episodes restored with animation for the DVD releases. Perhaps the animations require a different sort of negotiation for distribution?

Tubi does have some the Second Doctor's stories that have been recreated with animation.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We finally watched the Time loop episode with the Daleks in the Storage building, the Eve of the Daleks. I thought Aisling Bea did a good job in it.

Shadewing

Citizen
We finally watched the Time loop episode with the Daleks in the Storage building, the Eve of the Daleks. I thought Aisling Bea did a good job in it.

I feel like the Dalek eps in Jodie's run are some of the best Dalek episodes we've gotten in a while. The time loop was really interesting, and we also see how even a lone dalek without a case can still be a theat.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen

I feel like the Dalek eps in Jodie's run are some of the best Dalek episodes we've gotten in a while. The time loop was really interesting, and we also see how even a lone dalek without a case can still be a theat.

Exchanging the "pewpew" for a "rat-a-tat-tat" definitely got some attention. 🙃

Shadewing

Citizen
Meh. Clickbait. Doctor Who being on Disney+ is probably going to do more good for it than bad.

From non-click bait, DW focused channels; Some of the changes Disney made are things like The Doctor showing up earlier in 'Ruby Road', which he wasn't around for like the first 3rd of the episode; and many seem to consider this a good change since for 15's first full episode he should be around more.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I won't say that Clownfish's opinions are always wrong, or anything. Sometimes they have a point. But, they will almost always phrase things in the most sensational and inflammatory way possible, seemingly just for the clicks and views. I know them basically for reporting on all the problems that IDW Comics has had in the past few years.

They're kind of the equivalent of tabloid journalists. They're not always lying, per se, but they will play up the shock value of any given piece of news.

I mean, just take a look through all the videos they've posted. I CHALLENGE you to find a single one that is in any way positive about ANYTHING. They almost seem to revel in bad news. Even their "good news" is phrased in a way to make fun of someone else or make someone else look bad by comparison.

So, checking in on them once in a while might be worthwhile, just to get a different perspective on things. But, definitely take their videos with a grain of salt, at least. Try not to get too bogged down in their negativity. It seems to be mostly for show.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I never heard of Clownfish before myself.

They are a married couple who talk about things going on in the media but also they are people who make some comics, with Neon previously having worked for IDW in the past, they also have a couple of websites, plus a seperate gaming channel where they play games and their kids get involved with that! Much of the time, they just lay out the facts and give their honest views and say when something is a rumour, in general, they are good to listen to, but its like shopping these days, to get a clearer picture, its best to use various sources when it comes to pop culture!

Top Bottom