Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

Shadewing

Citizen
If "has to take a trip in the TARDIS" is a requirement; then that means Richard Nixson is also a Companion then, yes?

Shadewing

Citizen
It feels like Craig doesn't count because he was never in the TARDIS; Nixon takes /at least/ two trips in the TARDIS to help the Doctor.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think that the requirement is that the Doctor invites them to join him on his/her adventures. Like I would count Kylie as a companion but she dies so very quickly.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Yeah, no. I don't count companions who weren't around for at least a couple of stories. Adam is my baseline. He's definitely NOT someone I count, and anyone who had less of a right than him is even more out. At least he was (more or less) invited in and was in more than one story.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I am in agreement with G.B., I think there's a very fine line in Who between 'companion' and 'recurring character'. Take The Brigadier, for instance: appeared in several seasons, alongside several Doctors, and is someone I think the Doctor would consider a good friend. But was he a companion? How much did he really travel with the Doctor, versus calling the Doctor in when UNIT needed outside expertise (five rounds rapid wasn't cutting it) ?

Echowarrior

Citizen
I consider the Brig a companion. Same with Benton and Yates, even if Yates never traveled in the TARDIS on TV.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
For me, I'd consider the Brig a special case, but Benton and Yates are definitely NOT companions (in my rubric).

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Its a OK verison, but clearly a remix of the older verisons, but it feels kind of underwheming, makes me wonder who doing the music for this new era of Doctor Who, last I checked Murray Gold stopped doing Doctor Who and in the few eps of Jode's era I watched, the music was forgettable and very genetic/bland, while with Murray you had some great pieces like these:

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Its a OK verison, but clearly a remix of the older verisons, but it feels kind of underwheming, makes me wonder who doing the music for this new era of Doctor Who, last I checked Murray Gold stopped doing Doctor Who and in the few eps of Jode's era I watched, the music was forgettable and very genetic/bland, while with Murray you had some great pieces like these:
Murray Gold was brought back when RTD came back to be showrunner starting with these anniversary specials.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So some big things with the Magic the Gathering decks they just came out with.
1) River Song, like the Brigadier doesn’t get the Doctors Companion ability
2) She’s only included in the Deck with 12, 13, and the Fugitive Doctor. When most of her time in the series was with 11 that feels wrong.
3) likewise with Clara and Kate Stewart.
4) Where the heck is Captain Jack! The Face of Boe doesn’t count!

Echowarrior

Citizen
So some big things with the Magic the Gathering decks they just came out with.
1) River Song, like the Brigadier doesn’t get the Doctors Companion ability
2) She’s only included in the Deck with 12, 13, and the Fugitive Doctor. When most of her time in the series was with 11 that feels wrong.
3) likewise with Clara and Kate Stewart.
4) Where the heck is Captain Jack! The Face of Boe doesn’t count!

Captain Jack might be off limits given how John Barrowman ran afoul of the Me Too movement.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ah wasn’t aware of that until just now. And Yeesh, reading up on his idea of “exuberant behavior “ it’s a wonder how he got work at all.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Please excuse me if this is region-blocked.

Title for alternative searches - "David Tennant Films the Regeneration - The Power of the Doctor"

And as the BBC is going mad for all things Who:

Last edited:

Top Bottom