Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
They finally announced what Doom's Day is.

It's basically Time Lord Victorious 2. A giant multi-media event where they tell a story from a bunch of different angles in a bunch of different mediums. Books, comics...and a video game.

Having a video game is either wildly ambitious...or a giant mistake. We'll see what happens.

I can't say I'm too hyped, but maybe I'll be surprised.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
They finally announced what Doom's Day is.

It's basically Time Lord Victorious 2. A giant multi-media event where they tell a story from a bunch of different angles in a bunch of different mediums. Books, comics...and a video game.

Having a video game is either wildly ambitious...or a giant mistake. We'll see what happens.

I can't say I'm too hyped, but maybe I'll be surprised.
Let me know when it's all on one YouTube video that explains the whole story and I might watch it... ;)

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I got my Blu-Rays for Hartnell's second year, and I have a question for the folks with the UK release. Was there a Behind the Sofa segment for Planet of Giants? The US release doesn't have one.

Also, the text on the packaging mentions a booklet, but no booklet. Methinks someone was lazy when they did the packaging.

wentwood

Citizen
I placed my order for

Doctor Who
Series XXXVII - Series XXXIX
13th Doctor
10 DVD Set
USA Exclusive

Twice Upon A Time - The Power Of The Doctor

this week.

These disks match up with the other 3 sets I have so I now have a uniform Doctor Who set.

With the 14th Doctor coming in November for 3 I needed to save a few pockets in my DVD book.

Will have this on Wednesday.

wentwood

Citizen
I've had Doctor Who on DVD since the first release. Then I got the 3 sets as a replacement. I had also missed out on the 12th Doctor so I added his set. I was missing a bunch of the specials.

Doctor Who were my oldest DVDs
My 13th Doctor disks are 3 years old so I replaced them.

I own all of the 2005 run on DVD with the 4 group sets to date. Having all 177 together helps and no hiatus getting in the way. By the time I finish The Power Of The Doctor hopefully the 15th Doctor will get a release as had 9 - 13.

The same sort of sets I mean.

I also own Infinity Quest and Dreamland from the 10th Doctor so I can see all of them in order off stream.

I don't have HBO Max or Disney + right now.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
When are the new episodes coming out? They are so few and far between I've almost forgotten what little plot is in the previous ones.

wentwood

Citizen
I finished Doctor Who XXVII with the 9th Doctor. As I don't have HBO Max watching previous episodes on DVD.

I'll see if I can watch the specials on Daily Motion possibly in November.

For the 13th Doctor set they included Twice Upon A Time as it marks her first appearance in Doctor Who.

The set I ordered is to save space in my disk book where I have the previous 3 sets. (Specials included on all counts.)

The Infinity Quest and Dreamland are on my Animation set.

wentwood

Citizen
Doctor Who
Animation Collection
USA Exclusive

Shada
The Scream Of The Shakla
Power Of The Daleks Parts 1 - 6
The Infinity Quest
Dreamland

Power Of The Daleks has been colorized for the set.

Doctor Who
13th Doctor
Twice Upon A Time - The Power Of The Doctor
DVD Set
USA Exclusive

I was a bit surprised only we got these releases. I double checked Amazon UK and the 13th Doctor set is only R1.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Meh. There's a lot that's only been released in the UK. There's yet to be a Region 1 release for the Special Editions of either Power of the Daleks or Enemy of the World.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Meh. There's a lot that's only been released in the UK. There's yet to be a Region 1 release for the Special Editions of either Power of the Daleks or Enemy of the World.
Well, of COURSE. Now you know how Brits feel about many of the US exclusive TFs... ;)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Looking forward to seeing more Tennant soon.
83618fda877fecf4c72793293e579852--beer-brands-craft-beer.jpg

wentwood

Citizen
I did see The Enemy Of The World on DVD recently Via Netflix rental.

Last classic mini series I watched was The Mind Of Evil Parts 1 - 6 with Jo and 3. That was Brit Box. I plan to see the rest on Daily Motion.

Watching New Era weekly on Saturday nights on DVD up to The Power Of The Doctor.

I did a daily run from Rose - School Reunion. This week I saw The Girl In The Fireplace with Rose and 10.

I watch Saturday at 8:00 PM

wentwood

Citizen
Doctor Who - Lost In Time
Mobile Game

So far Clara met her Impossible Girl counterpart weirding out the 12th Doctor

Liz Shaw and Martha Jones had a run in with the Sea Devils

Martha and 10 met Melody Pond who got off with an artifact and memory worm wiped Martha and 10.

Sarah Jane and 10 had been dealing with the Daleks.

Top Bottom