Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

Glitch

Citizen
Haven't seen any backlash r anyone take issue but it depends on why he was cast, if it was done purely for best man for the role then that's fine but if it was another of the BBC's no whites need apply crap there'll be blood on the walls.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He's Scottish and is fairly well regarded as far as I know. I'd say I never heard of him but I literally never heard of every single doctor until they became the doctor.

wentwood

Citizen
I just watched Doctor Who XXXIX 09 / 10 The Power Of The Doctor Parts 1 And 2 on DVD. I hope all episodes will come out on DVD even with the change to Disney +. I watch Doctor Who on Saturday night each week. Started with Rose. All episodes in on DVD with no weeks off. The Power Of The Doctor Parts 1 And 2 the final week. (Ending in 2026).

Lobjob

Citizen
For all the reasons people don't like his costume, I'm cool with it. Not only is the Doctor revisiting familar faces, but familiar decades. I'm a sucker for those old aesthetics.

wentwood

Citizen
On DVD in 7 weeks I start the 10th Doctor.

I don't have cable so I've moved my weekly run to DVD for that reason and there was a wait for all episodes from the 13th Doctor to release on DVD.

I bought the group sets to take the specials into account. (2018 release)

These retained the Next Time teasers for the 1st run of the 11th Doctor unlike the year sets.

So it's as if I'm watching them on TV.

My run includes The Infinity Quest and Dreamland.

wentwood

Citizen
Shada by Doug Adams of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy was a 6 part mini series but was re made into a 2 and a half hour uncut live / anime hybrid feature length event BTW.

Another version was an audio Adaption story with the 8th Doctor and story material adjusted.

A 3rd involved linking narration from the 4th Doctor to tell the 6 part story.

There was also a book version of Shada.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I will say that I'm not too fond of how the 15th Doctor's jacket and trousers are the exact same color and pattern but that's really like my only issue with the costume.

wentwood

Citizen
I'm on Doctor Who XXVIII with the 10th Doctor and Rose. Having seen Doctor Who XXXIX 09/ 10 The Power Of The Doctor Parts 1 And 2 on BBC A I was a bit thrown off at the 14th Doctor. Usually the next Doctor is a new guy but that won't happen due to the 60th.

As for the 15th his outfit is a bit too...flat. Given what we see with most Doctor outfits.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
He's Scottish and is fairly well regarded as far as I know. I'd say I never heard of him but I literally never heard of every single doctor until they became the doctor.
Almost all of the doctors have been played by famous British actors. Our new lad was a major actor in the Netflix show "Sex Education".

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
7, 10 and 12 were Scottish so definitely only a handful

Glitch

Citizen
Months ago I heard a rumour Richard Ayoade was to be the Doctor, he'd be a fun fit in my opinion and Jo Martin did great as the fugitive Doctor, I would love to see her reappear and given the Curator and fourteenth Doctor's it's possible she will.
Here's a vid of the new actor talking about Doctor Who
Next doctor could be from any of the four countries of Britain including Wales and Ireland, or from a commonwealth country like Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

wentwood

Citizen
Weekly Watch 2023

10th Doctor

Doctor Who XXVII

08 Father's Day
09 The Empty Child
10 The Doctor Dances
11 Boom Town
12 Bad Wolf
13 The Parting Of The Ways
14 The Christmas Invasion

Doctor Who XXVIII

01 New Earth
02 Tooth And Claw
03 School Reunion
04 The Girl In The Fireplace
05 Rise Of The Cybermen
06 The Age Of Steel
07 The Idiot's Lantern
08 The Impossible Planet
09 The Satan Pit
10 Love And Monsters
11 Fear Her
12 The Army Of Ghosts
13 Doomsday
14 The Runaway Bride

Doctor Who XXIX

01 Smith And Jones
02 The Shakespeare Code
03 The Infinity Quest
04 Gridlock
05 Daleks In Manhattan
06 Evolution Of The Daleks
07 The Lazarus Experiment
08 42
09 Human Nature
10 The Family Of Blood
11 Blink
12 Utopia
13 The Sound Of Drums
14 The Last Of The Time Lords
15 Voyage Of The Damned

Series XXX

01 Partners In Crime
02 The Fires Of Pompeii
03 The Planet Of The Ood
04 The Sontaran Strategem
05 The Poison Sky
06 The Doctor's Daughter
07 The Unicorn And The Wasp
08 Silence In The Library
09 The Forest Of The Dead
10 Midnight
11 Turn Left
12 The Stolen Planet
13 Journey's End
14 The Next Doctor
15 The Planet Of The Dead
16 The Waters Of Mars
17 Dreamland
18 The End Of Time Part 1
19 The End Of Time Part 2

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
David Tennant and Catherine Tate will return to the series as the Fourteenth Doctor and Donna Noble, respectively, as part of the 60th anniversary. Yasmin Finney (a trans-woman) joined the cast for the anniversary, to portray a character named Rose.
On 25 December 2022, it was announced that Jacqueline King and Karl Collins are also set to return as Sylvia Noble and Shaun Temple, respectively and that Ruth Madeley would appear as Shirley Anne Bingham. Ncuti Gatwa will appear as the incoming Fifteenth Doctor.

On 13 June 2022, Davies announced that Neil Patrick Harris would be joining the cast, playing an undisclosed villain role...

...(Bernard) Cribbins had completed filming shortly before his death in July 2022...

...In October 2021, it was announced that Sony would acquire a majority of Bad Wolf.[18][19] Bad Wolf also took over creative control of Doctor Who beginning with the specials, allowing the BBC to focus on establishing Doctor Who as a global brand...

...Three specials are set to be aired in November 2023, marking Doctor Who's 60th anniversary. In October 2022, the BBC and Disney Branded Television announced that the specials would be the first Doctor Who episodes to be released internationally on Disney+; it will continue to be aired on BBC One in the United Kingdom and Ireland...

Also "Beep the Meep (the cuddly alien) and the Wrarth are going to be in this! They're (UK) Doctor Who comics characters and this is their first TV outing, if I'm not mistaken (wiki link below).

Sources:

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(2023_specials)

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasmin_Finney

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beep_the_Meep

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
True, but as with most of everything in the last few years it's par for the disappointing course. I'm hoping things swing back around once the 60th Special comes, and with the curveball of bringing Tennant back again, knowing someone else is already slated to play the mainline Doctor, was a good surprise. The trailer does pique some interest as they are going to play with Donna again as well. Sad that Wilf won't be around to play again though.

If anything it's going to be interesting if they get into the why we regenerated again back to Ten. Was it something to do with what the Master did? Potential influence with whats to happen with Donna? The Doctor subconsciously going back to what worked before? And will he be mortally wounded to regenerate into Gatwa, or will there be even more bending the rules of regeneration?

But for me, I'm just sad that Jodie got such a bum run. I enjoyed her as the Doctor, but the stories she was saddled with were lackluster. It was sad that her exit episode was probably the best she got. It's weird to me since I love her as the Doctor yet her run is almost forgettable. But that's been the case for me since the exit of Clara in Capaldi's run.

Glitch

Citizen
I bet RTD wraps up the timeless child stuff in the 60th with a more sinister reveal: Omega and the Rani were the Doctor's parents and the Master is the timeless child, the fugitive doctor was one of the masters past life and the curator from the 50th is one of his post Missy regenerations. Nah he'll glaze over it.

I do hope he uses more classic villains even though his last run did introduce some good ones, he could bring Draconians, Wirn and Axons into New Who.

Last edited:

Top Bottom