The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
It's pretty funny that Elno completely failed to understand that the twitter name had gained enough cultural cachet that use of the site had become accepted as its own verb. That's pretty rare company, up there with Google. And he threw it all out the window because of his fetish for the letter X and his self-perception as the greatest genius ever.

I mean what are we supposed to replace 'tweeting' with? 'Xeeting' (presumably pronounced 'sheeeting')?

NovaSaber

Citizen
A summary of how dumb the rebrand is:
Screenshot_2023-07-27-12-07-01-94_e80c32ecb909be57968e006d821df3f4.jpg

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I thought I read a news report a day or two after the Building sign fiasco that suggested that, despite the confusion, it turned out he did, in fact, have the permits.

Other than that, I agree with everything in the previous post. Especially the last point.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
That's partly why I think most of the Twitter-alikes are poorly named. What do I say I'm doing if I'm posting on Mastodon? I'm Mastodoning? Mastocating? Mastoba- anyway!
It used to be called Tooting. (No, really!) That's fallen by the wayside though, and themed servers are doing their own thing, like meow.social has a Meow button and dragonchat.org has a Rawr button.

d3635820a46fd016b398eb4eb6a498c7.jpg

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
General rules

The following signs are not allowed in commercial and industrial districts:
  1. Roof signs, except for historic signs and vintage signs

Your sign cannot have animated lighting (flashing, blinking), except when your property is in a Special District for Sign Illumination.
I am pretty sure that counts as a roof sign and is not in any way vintage or historic. Twitter HQ is not, as far as I can tell, in a special district for sign illumination.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen

Well that was quick. But I hope that's not the end of the story. It's a federal crime to knowingly give people seizures, and there's no way Elon didn't know there are people with photosensitive epilepsy... well, existing in San Francisco and liable to at least be in the neighborhood sometimes. LOCK HIM UP.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I'm ready surprised that Meta hasn't sued X for trademark infringement yet.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
True. It HAS only been about a week. Feels like longer, though.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Feels like it's been a drag since 2016. We just started to notice it more a bit later.

Of course, as an American, we haven't really moved on from the 80s. Aside from conservatives who still haven't left the 50s and are determined to drag us all back with them.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Sadly, Sesame Street also has nowhere near the cultural cachet that they used to—which I consider just more proof we're living in a dystopia.

Top Bottom