The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
So sacrificing usability because he subjectively thinks it looks better. Musk being Musk..... He apparently did the same thing at Telsa, which is one of the reasons his cars do so much through the screen instead of physical controls.....

Ironbite4

Citizen
Musk really doesn't understand how things work, going for a more aesthetically pleasing look. Or as Elon spells it, "esthetics".

Ironbite- to be fair English is not his first language so he can be forgiven for misspelling that word.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He wants the power that apple has, but doesn't have the charisma to keep the user base enthralled. He's also in the wrong market for it, cause apple can literally just wave another phone around in a years time and everyone will be hypnotized again, but a car is a significantly larger, longer, more expensive investment and short of the 1%, not something people can justify buying again with the next model iteration.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Musk really doesn't understand how things work, going for a more aesthetically pleasing look. Or as Elon spells it, "esthetics".

Ironbite- to be fair English is not his first language so he can be forgiven for misspelling that word.
Is it not? I mean, he's from South Africa, which does have lots of OTHER official languages, but one of them IS English....

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
That part I have a hard time believing. The country that still writes "encyclopaedia" and "paedophile" are the ones who take the "A" out of "aesthetics" the most?

Then I realized it doesn't make sense for Musk, either, who's so obsessed with the letter Æ that he literally named his kid after it.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
You want to argue with the dictionary (or that particular one)? Go right ahead. Dictionaries aren't infallible.

I'm not going to make any further issue of it. It may well be archaic. I don't know. I spell aesthetics with an "a" in front that, truth be told, makes no sense to me, either.

But at least I don't name my kids after archaic symbols. Maybe Musk thinks that's "esthetic," too.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
While he included æ in his kids name, that's not the letter he's actually obsessed with. He's just an idiot who failed upward due to his parents and dumb luck. The only thing he's ever been consistent with is being a pompous a-hole.

Shadewing

Citizen
So interesting aside, a video I was watching made me realize that Elon Musk might just be what Willy Wonka would be like if he was a real person:

Anonymous X

Citizen
Is it not? I mean, he's from South Africa, which does have lots of OTHER official languages, but one of them IS English....
Musk’s a native English speaker. Apparently he didn’t enjoy learning Afrikaans (the language descended from the Dutch spoken by the Boers) as a second language at school in South Africa.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Welcome to XBook.

6fabd5b54671f20c.jpg

The article link(which is paywalled of course): https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tric-data-job-and-education-history#xj4y7vzkg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
AH, so it's tied in with that whole ID verification thing... makes sense. ANd there are people that will totally pay to provide all that to Musk because "he can do no wrong" and then all it takes is one little data breach...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Which is probably scheduled for about 8 hours after the new policy is enacted. There's SOME hacker out there right now with dollar signs in their eyes.

Top Bottom