The Super Mario Bros. Movie

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've always been pretty indifferent towards Jack Black. He's always seemed way overrated to me, but I did enjoy his performance as Bowser.
I didn't like him until I was floored by how awesome Kung Fu Panda was.

Shadewing

Citizen
For me, it was School of Rock being such a blast.

That is a movie that I don't think anyone else could have headlined. Black has the perfect balance of lazy slacker, and honest enthusiasm for music that he comes off as incredible geniune, not to mention the sheer chemisty he had with the kid actors.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
As a content creator, I would definitely say Jack Black is overrated. But as an actor, I have yet to see him in anything where he wasn't perfect for the role. Whether that's on him or the people doing the casting, I couldn't say.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That is a movie that I don't think anyone else could have headlined. Black has the perfect balance of lazy slacker, and honest enthusiasm for music that he comes off as incredible geniune, not to mention the sheer chemisty he had with the kid actors.
And based on this short clip, that movie clearly meant a lot to Black, too:

Also, an official music video for Jack Black's Bowser song from the movie has been released:

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
This review of the movie provides a rather interesting perspective on the whole thing. There are a few points raised in this review that I honestly find myself agreeing with, and some that I don't. It is by no means a negative review, but it's also not unabashedly positive either. It's a... unique analysis of the movie.

And here's a couple of funny videos where Bowser's song is not about Peach but instead about Mario and Donkey Kong:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The fun just keeps on coming!

There is now a live-action music video of Jack Black performing Bowser's song from the movie:

And a behind-the-scenes video of the performance containing raw footage from the rehearsal and filming process, which is arguably even funnier!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
They actually made a real version of the plumbing van!

And, of course, Jack Black stole the show at the red carpet premiere with his Bowser-inspired suit, while Anya Taylor-Joy wore an outfit inspired by Peach's Mario Kart racing suit.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1681404551071.png

Walmart already has their pre-orders up for this.

Arrives by November 3rd according to them.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I love how he just hams things up and gives 200%.

Side note: First time seeing a clip with the paparazzi giving instructions. Seems so weird to me. I would hate that so, so much.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The Super Mario Bros movie has officially earned more than a BILLION dollars!
The mandatory Dr Evil Gif:
mike-myers-austin-powers.gif

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Nintendo's probably like "Geez, why didn't we do this a long time ago? Like during one of the many times our console was struggling to find an audience and a hit movie might have driven sales on top of picking up the slack in revenue?"

Top Bottom