The Repaint Concept Thread

Rycochet

Citizen
6TDK9Q5.png

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Interesting choice for her.

I've kinda always wanted to see that mold done up as RiD Prime, with Limbs representing the Car Bros and maybe a spy changer, probablt Ironhide.
Oddly enough, I've thought about painting up a CW Ironhide in Spychanger Ironhide's cowhide pattern.

This looks great!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Interesting choice for her.

I've kinda always wanted to see that mold done up as RiD Prime, with Limbs representing the Car Bros and maybe a spy changer, probablt Ironhide.
Back when they were doing re-releases and stuff from G2, I couldn't believe that they didn't make an Optimus/Car Bros. combiner repaint to play opposite of Ruination. The idea seemed so perfect! Yeah, you might want to swap a couple of guys out -- maybe a Stunticon for Sideburn, for example -- but still.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man, that's pushing all the right buttons for me. If Hasbro starts in this direction, I'm doomed.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Think I've seen a few customs of it. If I had access to the headsculpt for it (I think some used the 3P Mech Ideas Gauntlet head or something based on it) I might've tried to make one myself.

Haywire

Citizen
So, here's an odd idea: which vintage Scramble City molds would be suitable to redeco into the Combiner Wars new characters? (Assuming the molds were available)

*Aerialbot Alpha Bravo - Vortex or Blades?
*Stunticon Offroad - ?
*Protectobot Rook - maybe a retooled Brawl?
*Combaticon Blast Off (specifically the jet version, I actually liked that update) - I suppose Slingshot? Would any of the rest be a better fit? What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Haywire

Citizen
Okay, here's another weird one, and it's only partly a repaint/retool: Soundwave from Ultra Magnus. The cassettes would have to be reimagined with car altmodes (Alternators Jaguar Ravage is a favorite concept of mine), so those would be new molds, but Soundwave could probably be made from Magnus with just a little retooling. Then, he could carry the cassettes in altmode and unleash them on the Autobots before transforming himself.

Top Bottom