The Repaint Concept Thread

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not sure why it took me so long to realize BT Asterisk Broadblast would be a relatively quick Crosscut repaint (with a Skids head probably).

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not sure why it took me so long to realize BT Asterisk Broadblast would be a relatively quick Crosscut repaint (with a Skids head probably).

We need more Alternators/Binaltech homages. I'd love to see:

Smokescreen into Alternators Smokescreen,
Sunstreaker into Alt. Dead End
Earth Mode Hound/Detritus into Alt. Rollbar
Punch/Counterpunch into Decepticharge

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

I've already done that one.

BTA Broadblast.png

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Earthrise Prowl into BTA Red Alert?
I want a yellow Tracks like nobody's business. SO tempted to give that and Dead End a try...

I've already done that one.

View attachment 15542
24686ba88d04f2dd27c58ca3ed14e177.jpg

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen

I really wanted to turn BB Silverstreak/Blue Bluestreak into Alternators Smokescreen, and I bought a second one just for that purpose. It's sitting in a bin at the moment, though. I have no idea when/if that project'll ever happen.

Shadewing

Citizen
AhPqHLy.png

There we go!

The thing about regular core Volcanicus is how Snarl stick out due to all the extra red on him, I think this shows that a varied color scheme works better on these molds and that Dinoking will probably look rather good.

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel like Springer for RID Drfit doesn't work, since that Springer was never a triple changer.

Also, I feel like Axer should be an actual car, and not a... whatever that Orion Pax is. I'd rather a Jazz or Prowl remold.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't mind this Axer, although that does sound neat. But now I want a RID2001 Sideways/Axor versus pack.

I can see why this mold fits Spacewarp, and after some initial coolness to it, it's growing on me.

I do dig that Drift, and all the Mini-Cons are adorable. I think Fracture should be leaner than this, maybe using the Arcee mold. Maybe also go with Smashdown and Pteraxadon to play on the beastlier/feral vibe of Fracture's Mini-Cons?

I'm kind of surprised at how much I really like the Knock Out/Oil Pan pairing. The orange and purple look great on that mold. Neat Shadow Raider nod too.

Top Bottom