Axaday

Citizen
I think Bo Katan is starting to be a believer. That was a
Mythasaur
wasn't it?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I doubt she's going to go full no facial contact for the rest of her life, but she might start taking some of the old ways a bit more seriously now....

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I think between her and Din, they'll likely try to come up with a balance rather than the strict adherence or none at all. I'd rather they realize almost none of it is worth adhering to personally, but believing the legends is something different than religious adherence.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, Din fighting the mutants was great, but what was that cyborg thing? And how long was it planning to wait there underneath that helmet? Was it expecting Mandalorians to come for it? Or do the Mutants want the armor too? That was creepy when he started draining Din's blood. I kind of wanted to tell the kids to look away at that point. Definitely the least kid safe episode of the series. My Two year old was freaking out thinking that Baby Yoda was in danger.

As far as BO Katan and DIn go, I have already started shipping them. Like seriously. I am shipping them so hard that UPS sent me a tracking number.

Also, Bo-Katan kicked butt in this episode, and showed what a true Mandalore can do with that Dark saber. Also, I was half expecting Grogu to force lightning that cyborg, but I can see why they wouldn't do that.

That Mythasaur was awesome! So I am confused about one thing. Did Din just fall into a giant hole and couldn't swim out with all of that armor on or did the Mythasaur or something drag him down there?

Overall, I loved this great, yet dark, episode. When it ended my 7 year old said, "Aww, I want to watch more!" I was like me too kid! We have to wait until Wednesday.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Can we talk about the creature thing? I swear they were going for a General Grievous thing there
It definitely was a cyborg of some kind. I am curious to see if we find out anything more about that. However, it probably won't be seen again, so we will have to wait for a convention or a Making of season three special on Disney+ in a few months.

Dvandom

Citizen
The cyborg probably feeds on the wasteland dudes (they're not mutants, they're just natives that the Mandalorians displaced when they colonized the world), with the helmet trap usually catching them some fresh blood. This being Star Wars, the cyborg probably has an extensive backstory that will come up in a comic or something later. Like, they were a master armorer for Mandalorian nobility, trapped under rubble and forced to do what it took to survive, etc.

---Dave

Dake

Citizen
That is what it looked like to me too. Internets are saying he was "grabbed", but I'm like, I'm pretty sure he just stepped off the last step and sank. He'd taken off his jetpack so he was SOL.

MrBlud

Citizen
His armor didn’t seem that much heavier than Bo’s yet he was WAYYYY down there for her jumping in like immediately after.

Axaday

Citizen
His armor didn’t seem that much heavier than Bo’s yet he was WAYYYY down there for her jumping in like immediately after.
There was some physics cheating there. I think he just sank to the bottom because he didn't realize there would be a big dropoff and he has zero buoyancy in a full suit of metal armor. But she responded pretty much immediately and was using her jet pack to go DOWN fast and he still beat her to the bottom. I don't think the director really thought the scene out all the way. All my troubles would've been alleviated if she had just caught him still going down.

Axaday

Citizen
What is difficult for me to believe is that a famous planet like Mandalore, beloved home to a whole culture, is habitable and no one has bothered to check. Mandalorians live on other planets right there in that system. A droid can tell you if it is safe. But they've heard it isn't, so NO ONE checked?

Last season when Bo Katan needed some good helpers to retake Mandalore, I thought someone else had it. No one has it. Just go and take a flag with you. You might need some help to keep it once someone finds out you got it, but retaking is gonna be pretty easy, looks like.

Also, even aside from a couple of bars that are straight up copied, the whole Mandalorian theme sounds like Rocky music to me.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Has there been much exposition of the lore of the living waters of the mines of mandalore? Bo Katan seems pretty dismissive of any mystical qualities, but it seems like at least some of what she's refused to believe has been proven to be true? I'm just remembering the enchanted lake in the Ewok movie, that trapped people under its surface; could this be something similar, and the waters themselves have pulled Din down?

Dvandom

Citizen
To be fair, the worldwide atmospheric disturbances prevent communications (and even Caminar's eternal storms don't do that), so it's reasonable to assume that a planet that's been scoured by fusion bombs and is surrounded by EM static is probably dead and poisoned. The Empire may even have issued official statements to the effect that the conflict had rendered Mandalore uninhabitable as a propaganda tool in the same vein that thought a Death Star would be good management policy.

So: planet looks nasty from orbit, was reportedly glassed by fusion bombs, and the same people who turned Alderaan into an asteroid field said they rendered it uninhabitable? Yeah, only a desperate fanatic would bother to check.

---Dave

Axaday

Citizen
Has there been much exposition of the lore of the living waters of the mines of mandalore? Bo Katan seems pretty dismissive of any mystical qualities
I am not aware of any. The show hasn't even revealed that there are supposed to BE mystical qualities. They didn't say the water would heal a wound or transform him somehow. It is a ritual he has to do to atone for committing an offense.

It seems possible that the point of the ritual is to mean it enough to face danger. Bo Katan says she took the oath in those waters that people say (but don't believe) contain a Mythosaur. Turns out there really is one. Mando's old group was initiating a boy and he said the oath while standing in water and they all got attacked by a monster. On first watch, it seemed like these people just don't bother with scanning for life readings and got caught by surprise, but when put all together it seems reasonable that they knew the monster was there and might show up. Bo Katan's family didn't believe there was really a Mythosaur in the living waters and just followed the tradition, but Mando's old gang surely believes the Mythosaur is there, so when they have to do the oath somewhere else, one could reasonably expect them to intentionally choose a place with as similar a monster as they can find.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There was some physics cheating there. I think he just sank to the bottom because he didn't realize there would be a big dropoff and he has zero buoyancy in a full suit of metal armor. But she responded pretty much immediately and was using her jet pack to go DOWN fast and he still beat her to the bottom. I don't think the director really thought the scene out all the way. All my troubles would've been alleviated if she had just caught him still going down.
Which is why I think that he was pulled under.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I am not aware of any. The show hasn't even revealed that there are supposed to BE mystical qualities. They didn't say the water would heal a wound or transform him somehow. It is a ritual he has to do to atone for committing an offense.

It seems possible that the point of the ritual is to mean it enough to face danger. Bo Katan says she took the oath in those waters that people say (but don't believe) contain a Mythosaur. Turns out there really is one. Mando's old group was initiating a boy and he said the oath while standing in water and they all got attacked by a monster. On first watch, it seemed like these people just don't bother with scanning for life readings and got caught by surprise, but when put all together it seems reasonable that they knew the monster was there and might show up. Bo Katan's family didn't believe there was really a Mythosaur in the living waters and just followed the tradition, but Mando's old gang surely believes the Mythosaur is there, so when they have to do the oath somewhere else, one could reasonably expect them to intentionally choose a place with as similar a monster as they can find.
I like that idea. Even if it's stupid risky. More than one Mandalorian got killed by Terragator there. Bad Fuzor!

Dvandom

Citizen
Living waters == waters with stuff living in them? (As opposed to the usual "emerging from an active spring or similar" meaning.)

---Dave

Top Bottom