The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

Dake

Citizen
Probably should use spoiler tag for discussion right?

Anyway, definitely a strong feeling of "This season on The Mandalorian..." for the first ep. Some observations in no particular order -

Hey kids! Did you love Babu Frik? Well here's a six pack! (I did enjoy it though, "Bad baby!")

I'm not sure how the top half of IG-11 survived at all considering the self-destruct device was literally housed in it and the bomb's sole purpose was to leave no recoverable parts. That being said, I appreciated that it reverted to its original programming. Considering it was Kuill that made him safe to begin with, it makes sense.

I’m almost positive one of the early previews showed an R5 in the N-1's re-reconfigured droid slot. I’m willing to bet a next stop will be Tatooine to visit Peli in the hopes of finding the part and getting talked into THE R5 (who might even be Force sensitive).

Man, I hope these pirates act as the intro for Hondo (and also - super cool Eclipse-like ship).

SPACE WHALES!

Should be a fun season.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. Yeah, just a start. It was over too quickly.

Uh, R5?

I need a refresher on where that glass the Jawas found came from. Was it when he was making his ship in the Boba Fett season?

(Does his ship have a name again? And a bathroom?)

images - 2023-03-02T124558.823.jpeg

Totally Terragator! Hahaha!

wentwood

Citizen
I started the new series. Bit of a wild start honestly. Is his getting dis owned as a Mandalorian perminant or will it take a few episodes to be Mandalorian?

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Why was that droid needed? Why wasn't it's original programming wiped when it was reprogrammed? If it gets a new memory core, isn't that basically just a new droid anyway?

Cybersnark

Citizen
I think the idea is that Din needs a droid (A) in case he has to unmask again (as we saw in S1, droids don't count as "living beings" for the purpose of his oath), and (B) with enough firepower to protect Grogu when or if Din becomes indisposed on Mandalore. There aren't a lot of combat-capable droids around in this era, other than the New Republic's guard droids; that post-Clone Wars droid prejudice runs deep.

Also, as we've seen, Din is sentimental, even if he'd never admit it to himself. IG-11 was a friend.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Loved this first episode.

The armorer's almost happy tone when she says "This is the way".
Why don't the mandos have heavier weapons? Like one starship took out the terrogator in a single pass. Why not have some heavy weapons pointed at the water?
Bo Katan's castle looks awesome! I hate that her people left her and took their fleet to become mercenaries.
That pirate ship had me thinking of the Eclipse for a second. Then I realized it was way too small! Looked more like a cruiser/carrier ship size, probably a bit bigger than a corvette considering it probably held those 6 star fighters.

Carl Weathers continues to be awesome!

Shadhausen

Citizen
I would have enjoyed this episode more (and Bad Batch as well) if I could have seen what was going on for half the episode.

Dake

Citizen
I'm not sure why, but it's always darker on my TV (via the app on a Roku) than when I watch on my computer. I watched both eps on the desktop today and they looked better.

Anyway, good ep. I have to laugh that all the complaints I saw about the first ep...

setting up another series of "fetch quests" for the season and then ep 2 is like, "Nope. No IG parts, take R5 instead." and off they go!

Interesting that Bo Katan didn't take the opportunity to snag the Dark Saber. The mecha-thing beat Mando, and she beat the Mecha-thing so technically she won it right? Also, it was very cool to see her wield it properly - seemingly proof that she is the one to do so. Maybe Din will ask her to train him once their done down there?

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm not sure why, but it's always darker on my TV (via the app on a Roku) than when I watch on my computer. I watched both eps on the desktop today and they looked better.

Anyway, good ep. I have to laugh that all the complaints I saw about the first ep...

setting up another series of "fetch quests" for the season and then ep 2 is like, "Nope. No IG parts, take R5 instead." and off they go!

Interesting that Bo Katan didn't take the opportunity to snag the Dark Saber. The mecha-thing beat Mando, and she beat the Mecha-thing so technically she won it right?
Wakanda forever was too dark/black (definitely NO pun intended, whatsoever, in any way. Seriously.) for my TV and the music/speaking sounded garbled. I couldn't make out much of it.

Btw, here's a possibly relevant video about why some shows off films are too dark/have bad sound:

-

-

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Loved this first episode.

Why don't the mandos have heavier weapons? Like one starship took out the terrogator in a single pass. Why not have some heavy weapons pointed at the water?
One thing new Star Wars has been really great at is showing how powerful starships and the AT-ST etc. are. Wondering why they needed Din to blast it with the ship is like wondering why a squad of infantry soldiers need air support to take out a main battle tank.

Continue to love this show. The stop motion style effects on IG and vampire cyborg spider are wonderful. The Babu Frik scene was top shelf Muppet stuff. The Morlock cave monsters have a great retro sci fi vibe to them.

MrBlud

Citizen
Really loving the season so far. My absolute favorite part of the second episode

Bo: How many times do I have to tell you I never want to see you again! What’s that? He’s captured? I’ll never have to see him again? Better go rescue him!

Top Bottom