The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
True, I just never bothered to set one up since most people couldn't even figure out how to use my HTPC and my Mother in law couldn't figure out the Surround Sound system. So it would be just me and the wife constantly explaining it to company or our kids.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I actually wish it weren't a "collectible" steelbook, given how annoying those are to find in perfect shape. Just a regular case with a slipcover would be welcome.

Hopefully S1 of Ms. Marvel is next, to tie into the upcoming Marvels film.

You show 'em

While it may not be "showing" anyone, I'll glady take my 0.001% of credit for Disney+ not making money. I've managed to watch everything that I want from it via 2 month-long, entirely free & legal trials about 2 years apart.

I have nothing against subscribing to them, personally, but I limit myself to only 2 paid streaming services at any given time. Amazon Prime is pretty much permanent, since it has other perks, and Netflix has occupied the other slot for some time... though they're losing favour with the constant price increases and marginal improvement in content.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
True, I just never bothered to set one up since most people couldn't even figure out how to use my HTPC and my Mother in law couldn't figure out the Surround Sound system. So it would be just me and the wife constantly explaining it to company or our kids.
On Android/Google TV, we can use a media player app (like vlc) and then scan a specific folder. Then, it will auto-populate it with thumbnails and file names of all the sub-folders/videos inside.

For the end user, it's just like opening Netflix and then selecting whatever is available.

I think that should be fairly easy for even old people to use, once you've downloaded any files?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While it may not be "showing" anyone, I'll glady take my 0.001% of credit for Disney+ not making money. I've managed to watch everything that I want from it via 2 month-long, entirely free & legal trials about 2 years apart.

I have nothing against subscribing to them, personally, but I limit myself to only 2 paid streaming services at any given time. Amazon Prime is pretty much permanent, since it has other perks, and Netflix has occupied the other slot for some time... though they're losing favour with the constant price increases and marginal improvement in content.

My current Subscriptions:

Amazon Prime
Disney+
Netflix
Apple TV
Paramount+
HBO/Max

I had Hulu and Philo, but I dropped them for the rotation. I will probably pick them up again when I drop Amazon Prime and Apple TV. I might rotate Max out instead, I will have to see.

Between all of that, I get pretty much everything I want to watch, and it still costs me a lot less than what I was paying Dish network in 2013 when I cut the cord. It has been ten years this weekend since I cut the cord, and it's been a blast!

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
All those in Canada would come to about $80/month, which is about what I was paying for slightly better than basic cable back in the day.

It may not sound like a lot (though given how most streaming divisions are moaning about how they're losing money, I expect those prices to start going up), but it's more than I can justify. Given my strong preference for physical media, I can't put my money into both.

Houses also cost about $1.5 million where I live, which is priority #1.

wentwood

Citizen
I play Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy on physical hard disk as far as that goes.

As for the rest I have streamed and watched episodes over the air.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All those in Canada would come to about $80/month, which is about what I was paying for slightly better than basic cable back in the day.

It may not sound like a lot (though given how most streaming divisions are moaning about how they're losing money, I expect those prices to start going up), but it's more than I can justify. Given my strong preference for physical media, I can't put my money into both.

Houses also cost about $1.5 million where I live, which is priority #1.

In 2013, I was paying Dish Network $140 a month for their HD package and a DVR. So this is a lot less than what I was paying, and even this I can scale back on.

Amazon Prime - Watching the Boys and The Expanse, then I can drop it until season 2 of LOTR comes out.
Disney+ - Probably keep this forever to keep up with the MCU, Star Wars, and kid shows. However, it might get dropped if the strike hurts their production of SW and MCU.
Netflix - I might drop this, as I tend to not find anything on there and Stranger Things is taking forever to finish up, but the wife sometimes uses it for K-Dramas.
Apple TV - Will drop after For All Mankind and Foundation are over. Also, Ted Lasso is over, so unless it has a spin off series, my main draw for that service is gone.
Paramount+ - As long as they are pumping out Star Trek content, I will keep watching. Also, their Yellow stone Prequels are great, and that is from someone that hasn't seen Yellowstone.
HBO/Max - Might drop them soon and pick them back up when the GOT Prequel starts back up since that is unaffected by the writers and actors strikes.

So realistically, I can drop it down to $35-$45 a month and be perfectly happy. Also, I should note that I have an extensive Vudu collection as well.

wentwood

Citizen
Well as most TV shows are close to done anyways I see no reason to keep stream feeds.

I had watched Agitha Rasin on DVD. Series V will drop in February.

Also Star Trek Discovery up to Series IV on DVD.

Will wait for DVD to finish.

I also own Fuller House from Netflix on DVD.

Top Bottom