The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I might actually watch this now. I've been interested, but I need physical media or no deal.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mandalorian is a must watch, no matter what way you see it. The ending of Season 2 literally helped save my life.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The first season, not really. The second season you might want to have seen the last couple seasons of Clone Wars and Rebels, as they bring some of those characters to live action. Or you can read my one paragraph of spoilers below!

1. Darksaber - a lightsaber that was made by one of the few ancient Mandalorians that became a Jedi. It is now used as a symbol of leadership for most of the scattered Mandalorians.

2. Sabine Wren found it int eh Rebels series and gave it to the leader of the Madalorians, Bo-Katan Kryze played by Katiee Sachoff in the cartoon and live action. However, it can only be won properly in combat. Thus her thinking it cursed her when the imperials bombed their home world.

3. Madalorians don't always breed, but much like Batman, they recruit young orphans to join them. That is how the main character became one during the clone wars.

4. Ashoka was Anakin Skywalker's Apprentice in the Clone Wars. She was framed and left the Jedi Order even after they cleared her name, giving Anakin another reason to hate the Jedi Council. She is 100% badass and can hold her own against even Vader. At the end of the Clone Wars, she defeats Darth Maul, who has conquered the planet Mandalore with the help of Bo-Katan and her leader. Maul kills Bo-Katan's sister (the Queen) and her previous Leader, claiming the Dark saber. Ashoka later on helps the Rebelion in Rebels, but misses much of the action due to Jedi time travel.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The series itself gives a decent “gist” of the concepts introduced in the second season.

I will whole heartedly recommend Mandolorian Season 1 and 2. I would even go so far as to say that the ending of season 2 was SO PERFECT that I almost wish they weren’t continuing the series.

Also, everyone go see/rent/buy Prey. That film is just criminally overlooked in general, and probably the best film in the entire Predator franchise.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

That sounds like I would not enjoy the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons one bit. But I am a sucker for Mandalorians, because who isn't?

I will whole heartedly recommend Mandolorian Season 1 and 2. I would even go so far as to say that the ending of season 2 was SO PERFECT that I almost wish they weren’t continuing the series.

It sounds like I'll be satisfied if the first two seasons are all we get on Blu-ray.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That sounds like I would not enjoy the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons one bit. But I am a sucker for Mandalorians, because who isn't?

It sounds like I'll be satisfied if the first two seasons are all we get on Blu-ray.

Clone Wars is a long watch, as its seven seasons, and I think Rebels is four seasons. Both are great shows where Dave Filoni started working on Star Wars and became George Lucas' apprentice. Hence why all of his shows are so awesome and beloved. Clone wars has a lot of Mandalore content in it. Bo-Katan's sister is even a love interest for Obiwan.

Season 2 has an ending that could stand as a stand alone ending for the series, but I am honestly glad that it continues with the third season as well as another show that the mere title of is spoilers.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The series itself gives a decent “gist” of the concepts introduced in the second season.

Also, everyone go see/rent/buy Prey. That film is just criminally overlooked in general, and probably the best film in the entire Predator franchise.

Season 2's ending is epic, and like I said, It got me off of my bed when I was super sick with Covid when it first was released in December 2020.

Prey is an amazing film too. It really brings the franchise back to its roots. It was epic, and while I think that the original was better, I hope that they make another film.

Dake

Citizen
I'm just not a fan of paying for packaging so I'm not interested in "steelbook" editions of anything. Just give me a basic box set of everything so far, in slim packaging please and thank you.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
They will be collectible pick ups for me. I like having media I like being on physical just in case Disney does the unthinkable.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I refuse to subscribe to any streaming service, so physical copies are greatly appreciated!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I refuse to subscribe to any streaming service, so physical copies are greatly appreciated!
You are missing out on some good content. $9 and you get unlimited shows for a month. You can binge the Star Wars shows then drop the service in a month. Then switch over to Netflix, binge their exclusives, then the next month get Paramount+ and watch their exclusives, etc. That way you are only paying for one at a time and you get to pack all of their good content in, and six months later catch up on what you missed out on.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
You are missing out on some good content.
Until recently, the wife and I semi-regularly house-and-dog-sat for some friends, and I would get caught up on streaming-exclusive shows at those times. Much the same as you recommend, without having to shell out any cash...

I kind of got disillusioned with the whole streaming thing when it became apparent that companies were using it as an excuse to abandon physical media; I don't want my viewing options curated by someone else. That Netflix has never released DVDs or Blu-Ray for Lost In Space season 2 & 3, or Stranger Things season 3 and on, and Disney+ hasn't released any of their shows (until now) just kind of cemented that idea in my head. (Cobra Kai's regular season releases just proved it could be done if ther powers-that-be allowed it) And, I've lived too many places with inconsistent or exorbitantly expensive internet to consider streaming a viable option, anyway.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
You are missing out on some good content. $9 and you get unlimited shows for a month. You can binge the Star Wars shows then drop the service in a month. Then switch over to Netflix, binge their exclusives, then the next month get Paramount+ and watch their exclusives, etc. That way you are only paying for one at a time and you get to pack all of their good content in, and six months later catch up on what you missed out on.
You also don't need to get up from your chair to watch anything. No faffing about with storage cabinets, DVD cases, switching disks, etc.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
...I don't want my viewing options curated by someone else...And, I've lived too many places with inconsistent or exorbitantly expensive internet to consider streaming a viable option, anyway.

You can download them via tottents or third party streaming sites and either watch then from your harddrive (cable/WiFi connected to STB or smart TV) or transfer them to a disk/USB stick and watch them on the go. If you've got a good STB (such as an Android based Shield TV) you can download them to the device itself and watch them locally.

wentwood

Citizen
I watch movies on DVD mainly.

I streamed Series III myself on this series.

Most TV shows I watch are on break.

I caught up MCU on Disney + up to Phase 4 and will see Avengers 3 and 4 on DVD. Also No Way Home.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That is a positive side of streaming, I won't deny it. Having it all right there.
Yes, but it's also a positive to locally stored content on a harddrive too. The only media I don't mind some physical copies of are videogames, as I usually sit much closer to the telly, most of the games are still digital and so the only ones I get that are on disk are "big" or "main" games that I will play from beginning to end without the need to swap disks. Disks can't also end up cheaper than digital too.

Top Bottom