The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No, it is true. All they did was
Unite the groups of Mandalorians, retake the planet, find a mythasaur, adopt Grogu, launch a new mission, kill Gideon, reveal the shadow council
. That’s what they get for spending all their time on Jack Black.

I'm surprised he agreed to be on the show. His last experience with puppets did not go well:

jackblack.jpg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, that was season finale...

I loved the indigenous farms!

Axe Woves riding the imperial cruiser down into the base was pretty awesome! However, what happened to all the TIEs? Was he able to take them all out just by himself on the one cruiser?

Seeing Djarin fight with all the various weapons was pretty awesome but then he kept dropping them. Like why drop that baton for a blaster when the baton worked a lot better against beskar armored enemies?

Poor Darksaber! I hope that they get it fixed next season!

Since when is Gideon such a great fighter? Like was the suit giving him that much better abilities? Bo Katan alone should have ripped him to shreds with the Darksaber, let alone taking the three of them and an exploding base to take him out.

Three Praetorian guards versus Grogu in his IG-12 mech. My kids were freaking out at this part, and I can't blame them. I was kind of hoping to see Grogu use some more force abilities like choke or lightning. And before someone tells me that is a dark side ability, let me remind you that Jedi have no problem swinging around deadly lightsabers, so our little guy that has used force choke before to defend his dad, should well have done the same thing here.

I love how when the base is exploding, both Bo-katan and Bjarin dive to protect Grogu. Only to see him saving them by diverting the flames and everything away from them. A great moment!

The adoption scene was great and is it me, or was Djarin the armorer's apprentice? It just seems that she treats him differently and that would explain it. The Great Forge scene was epic! Seeing all the Mandos together was a major moment! I hope to see their progress next season.

I like that next season we are going to go back to bounty hunting and patrolling the outer rim with the New Republic! I wonder if that means Djarin will have to get a new ship? The N1 works great as a patrol fighter, but for bounty hunting, not so much. I loved the cabin ending scene and marshal IG-11 on Navarro.

Overall, I am just waiting for more of this great show. The worst episodes are still better than the best of the sequel trilogy scenes. While I look forward to the next Star Wars show, this one has been my favorite since its debut and I gladly await its return.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
So, that was season finale...

I loved the indigenous farms!

Axe Woves riding the imperial cruiser down into the base was pretty awesome! However, what happened to all the TIEs? Was he able to take them all out just by himself on the one cruiser?

Seeing Djarin fight with all the various weapons was pretty awesome but then he kept dropping them. Like why drop that baton for a blaster when the baton worked a lot better against beskar armored enemies?

Poor Darksaber! I hope that they get it fixed next season!

Since when is Gideon such a great fighter? Like was the suit giving him that much better abilities? Bo Katan alone should have ripped him to shreds with the Darksaber, let alone taking the three of them and an exploding base to take him out.

Three Praetorian guards versus Grogu in his IG-12 mech. My kids were freaking out at this part, and I can't blame them. I was kind of hoping to see Grogu use some more force abilities like choke or lightning. And before someone tells me that is a dark side ability, let me remind you that Jedi have no problem swinging around deadly lightsabers, so our little guy that has used force choke before to defend his dad, should well have done the same thing here.

I love how when the base is exploding, both Bo-katan and Bjarin dive to protect Grogu. Only to see him saving them by diverting the flames and everything away from them. A great moment!

The adoption scene was great and is it me, or was Djarin the armorer's apprentice? It just seems that she treats him differently and that would explain it. The Great Forge scene was epic! Seeing all the Mandos together was a major moment! I hope to see their progress next season.

I like that next season we are going to go back to bounty hunting and patrolling the outer rim with the New Republic! I wonder if that means Djarin will have to get a new ship? The N1 works great as a patrol fighter, but for bounty hunting, not so much. I loved the cabin ending scene and marshal IG-11 on Navarro.

Overall, I am just waiting for more of this great show. The worst episodes are still better than the best of the sequel trilogy scenes. While I look forward to the next Star Wars show, this one has been my favorite since its debut and I gladly await its return.
Regarding Gideon
we've seen he is an effective fighter before. A super strength version covered head to toe in Beskar (and Mando style weapons) is going to be very difficult to beat.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
The armor's made of Beskar. Leaving aside whatever else it's doing to enhance/protect Gideon, no lightsaber (or Darksaber) is just going to cut through that.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If i was a 65 year old man and was making a series of "perfect" clones I'd probaby not make them also be 65 years old.

I thought that, too! I'm sure it was done for us, the viewer, to make it obvious that they were clones of Gideon. But generally you don't want your entire super soldier team to have to knock off at 3:30 to be at the restaurant by 4:00 for the early bird special.

Dake

Citizen
It would've been pretty cool (and easy considering how quick the shot was), to see deaged versions. That's like the perfect use of that tech. Maybe he didn't approve the likeness change.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I mean, one of the clones woke up just before Din euthanized them. If we're going to see clone-Gideon in the future, he'll need to look like Giancarlo Esposito.

(And Gideon said himself last episode that the suit he's wearing is the new Darktrooper "with me inside it." --it's not just armour, it's a powersuit.)

Platypus Prime

Citizen
“But Mr. Peabody, there’s something about Mandalore’s terrible dark future we saw that I don’t get…”

“What’s that, Sherman? Why Grogu the Terrible sentenced us to death by cooking for opposing his tyrannical regime?”

“No, I get that, I just don’t understand how he was using the Darksaber anyway, when he’s so short.”

“Oh, that wasn’t a problem, in fact, he solved it by having his weapon ceremonially blessed by Tim Conway.”

“Tim Conway?!”

“Of course! Haven’t you ever heard of…the Dorfsaber?”

*end note*

Last edited:

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Seasons 1 & 2 of this streaming "exclusive" are finally come to Blu-Ray and 4K, after Disney+'s utter failure to make so much as a dime. It's in the first (of more to come, hopefully) wave of releases alongside Marvel's Wandavision & Loki as well as the surprisingly enjoyable Predator prequel, Prey.

Ironic Disney was previously in such a hurry to abandon discs as a revenue stream in favour of streaming, which is doing nothing but losing money everywhere. They'd even gone as far as discontinuing physical media in the Australian market.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I might pick these up on sale, but to be honest, I don't ever see myself dropping Disney+ as I use it more than any other streaming service.

Top Bottom