The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Explosive but rather simplistic conclusion. Great ending ending ish. Very, I dunno, cowboy?

I wanted a follow up to that standalone ep with that horrid spy. I want her done with.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
I dunno. Feels like this finale was missing something but I just can't put my finger on what.

Axaday

Citizen
I haven' t seen the episode yet, but I keep reading reviews that say the same thing and it points yet again to how silly it was that Rise of Skywalker didn't explain itself and left key information to be filled in by outside sources.

People just won't stop saying that Gideon's mission was to bring Palpatine back to life or that his work will lead to Palpatine coming back to life. No! Palpatine already had a clone body. He jumped there immediately when his body was doomed to die in the shaft. He isn't waiting for Gideon to make one. It is likely Gideon is unaware of Palpatine's survival. Snoke is already alive and operating. We DO know that Palpatine found the clone body insufficient and until this episode it was possible that Gideon's mission was to bring about a better body for Palpatine to move to. Even after we saw last week that he is keeping his cloning stuff to himself, it was possible he was in the know and the rest of the countil weren't, but abandon that now. Gideon was out for Gideon. He wanted to make Mandalorian Jedi Gideons, not Palpatine.

Last edited:

Deathy G1

Citizen
Not sure if this counts as spoilers or not, but I will spoiler tag it anyway:
Was that the series finale? It sure felt like one.

If not, it looks like we are going to see a revamped show now, with more self-contained episodes and less of an overarching storyline.

Axaday

Citizen
Not sure if this counts as spoilers or not, but I will spoiler tag it anyway:
Was that the series finale? It sure felt like one.

If not, it looks like we are going to see a revamped show now, with more self-contained episodes and less of an overarching storyline.
If you saw my previous reply before I deleted it, I was mistaken. A lot of people have talked about it being probably the end, but Filoni and Favreau say they have no planned ending for the show and will keep doing it as long as it is fun and the audience likes it.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was okay. Lot's of cool action sequences. After the garbage episode 6 I had a tough time being interested in the show again (I might have mentioned that) but this felt like all the other episodes in that context. Episode 6 should be edited down to "Boca and Jin arrive on the planet.... make their way to the Mandalorian camp and Boca secures the fleet." That was literally the only thing that mattered.

I agree with Blud about the Gideon suddenly being incompetent. stuff though. Didn't belong and went against everything that has been established about the character.

MegaMagnus

Citizen
heard Kathleen Kennedy took over more control of the show this season from favraeu . Explains alot and how basically nothing of consequence happened besides Gideon round 2

Dake

Citizen
heard Kathleen Kennedy took over more control of the show this season from favraeu . Explains alot and how basically nothing of consequence happened besides Gideon round 2

passando-mesmo-oh-brother.gif

Oh you're one of those. Nothing of consequence? Did you even watch the show?

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm on the verge of being one of "those" considering Kennedy has nothing but trash the franchise on her watch. The reason Mando was so good at the start was because it was off just doing its own thing without a care in the world. This season has had *two* terrible episodes that added nothing to the story whatsoever. I don't doubt she's had her fingers in it in the late game.

Last edited:

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
So we all agree this isn't the last we will see of Gideon right? Hes all like "I finally perfected my clones and they had force powers!" and its like.. well only way he could know that it was actually perfected is if he popped one out and tested it. Also we don't reaaly see a body when he died. This is the franchise where a dude got all his limbs cut off and left burning to death at the edge of a river of lava and nope hes alive. So nah expect Gideon 3.0 next season

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Yeah, between the next season of The Boys and Mando S4, I think the next few years will have plenty of "Somehow, Giancarlo Esposito returned..."

MrBlud

Citizen
The reason Mando was so good at the start was because it was off just doing its own thing without a care in the world. This season has had *two* terrible episodes that added nothing to the story whatsoever.
I’m struggling to reconcile how “two episodes that added nothing to the story” is incompatible with “off doing its own thing”

Throwing Lizzo and Jack Black in seems way more something Favreau would try and get away with over “Direct Corporate Edict”.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Yeah I was a little disappointed in this episode.

The Return

of the Empire?
Thrawn?
Luke?
Boba?

aaaaand just to the planet. I was hoping to see more Mandalorians show up. I feel like there has to be more than just the 2 groups. Hell. The dudes they met last episode proved that.

Ryougabot

Citizen
Was it Mando or Heir to the Empire? Or will they lift story elements in Ashoka as well. Looks like we are finally getting a HttE movie. And I am sure they will explai how they found Luke's lightsaber. His hand would have enough Jedi chromosomes to make a good force using clone.

Dvandom

Citizen
It really does feel like the S2 finale set up a lot of stuff and S3 (and BoBF) spent a lot of time saying, "Nah, changed our minds" about that.

---Dave

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I enjoyed it. Like people said, it was nothing groundbreaking, but it was a fun, Star-Warsy romp. It did feel a lot like a "wrap up all the current storylines and next time we'll do something new" sort of episode, which I'm fine with. Honestly, I'd like it to pick up next season after enough of a time skip that Din Grogu would be starting to walk/talk. Have a few Adventures of the Week while developing the father/son relationship. Maybe finish out the season with him returning to Mandalore to take the creed and get his helmet (I'm sure Disney would not be opposed to getting everyone to rebuy all of their Baby Yoda merch, now with a new hat).

Axaday

Citizen
Was it Mando or Heir to the Empire? Or will they lift story elements in Ashoka as well. Looks like we are finally getting a HttE movie. And I am sure they will explai how they found Luke's lightsaber. His hand would have enough Jedi chromosomes to make a good force using clone.
His hand would be totally rotted by now.

Axaday

Citizen
Oh you're one of those. Nothing of consequence? Did you even watch the show?
No, it is true. All they did was
Unite the groups of Mandalorians, retake the planet, find a mythasaur, adopt Grogu, launch a new mission, kill Gideon, reveal the shadow council
. That’s what they get for spending all their time on Jack Black.

Top Bottom