THE KNOCK OFF TRANSFORMERS THREAD

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Also out is a possibly simplified KO of (Legacy?) BW TM2 Megatron.

KO BW Dragon Megatron (bot mode(.jpg

KO BW Dragon Megatron (beast mode).png

(Source: - https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtYxd1s )

Plus, may I present to you a fine video about one of the worst TF Knockoff shows ever...

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
I'm doing Mechruary again this year, this time "Bigeit Mars," (logo-mangled Agent Mars?) a set of alphabet deformers that combine into five robots. Some of the themes and super robot heads are awfully familiar.

It's a facebook gallery, but I set it public so it should be visible without needing to friend me or (theoretically) even having an account.

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Here's a couple of the finished alphabet combiners for those who don't have facebook accounts. First, a sorta Volcanicus (the Swoop from J is backpack wings):

2024-02-18 12.08.53.jpg

And here's faux Predaking:
2024-02-19 23.25.41.jpg

For both of these, the heads are separate pieces that tab on. The remaining ones are a Computron riff with kibble head and waist, Bruticus with kibble head (and suffering from misassembly that damaged the shoulder pegs, sigh), and the team made from the letters BUILDS that's basically Constructicons (the only one without any extra kibble bits needed).

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Another letter-bot fake Transformer combiner, the team made from the letters BUILDS:
2024-02-24 11.43.30.jpg

And unrelated, I hit the local flea market for the first time in months, and one stall had a decent selection of knockoffs:
2024-02-24 14.47.45.jpg

I picked up the two-pack of Train Soldiers vs. Thunder Vanguard, probably massively overpriced for the quality, but I was in a "wanna get something to justify the trip" mood. I may or may not post pics when I get around to opening it.

---Dave

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another letter-bot fake Transformer combiner, the team made from the letters BUILDS:
View attachment 19590

And unrelated, I hit the local flea market for the first time in months, and one stall had a decent selection of knockoffs:
View attachment 19591

I picked up the two-pack of Train Soldiers vs. Thunder Vanguard, probably massively overpriced for the quality, but I was in a "wanna get something to justify the trip" mood. I may or may not post pics when I get around to opening it.

---Dave
I have a soft spot for these sorts of cheap transforming robots. You mentioned that you had pics of the letter combiners up on Facebook, where would that be at?

Dvandom

Citizen
The Computron knockoff is the worst of the five. Not just the obvious aesthetics, the left arm barely stays on, and the waist doesn't stay together at all, the top half just sits on the bottom half.

2024-02-27 23.24.10.jpg

The entire abdomen is extra kibble.

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
And here's the last one, Booticus. It almost has the components in the same places, just putting not-Swindle in the torso position. Not too bad, except for the fact that the shoulder peg connectors got installed incorrectly and mangled in the process, so they won't really stay in.

2024-03-02 09.49.41.jpg

---Dave

Top Bottom