THE KNOCK OFF TRANSFORMERS THREAD

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
They probably got sued a well. Or maybe they aren't in a territory where Viacom can take legal action but ShowZ is? Just speculating...
Hmm, well, I think both companies are in China, which is weird as usually (American) companies aren't able to take action there. Also, 52Toys is meant to be a "legit" company as they've made licenced block transforming toys for Alien, Predator, etc.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Maybe them being in China is why Viacom targeted ShowZ via PayPal
That explains the how, but maybe not the why? I've messaged 52Toys to find out but I'm not sure if they'll reply.

Edit:

Perhaps this explains it?

Screenshot_20230917_121039_Samsung Internet.png

Perhaps ShowZ was one of the international sellers and they got stung?

However, Amazon Japan has a pre-order (at time of writing) for Shredder, via a private seller:

- https://www.amazon.co.jp/52TOYS-MEG...a_1_17?keywords=52TOYS&qid=1694920449&sr=8-17

Screenshot_20230917_121431_Samsung Internet.png

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Here are some comparison pics between the official Hasbro SS ROTB SS Optimus Prime (right) and the KO Black Mamba version (left)

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (27)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (24)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (23)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (16)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (15)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (14)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (22)__scaled_800.jpg

Image of Black Mamba OP-01 VS 102BB Optimus Prime Compared (13)__scaled_800.jpg

It seems that the KO has some updates with metallic painted parts, a painted middle chest piece, red molded backpack instead of painted, blue leg / trailer bed parts, etc. It's also cheaper and available to buy for around $25 here.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Again, to reiterate, none of the KO figures featured in the video below are actually illegal. The uploader either didn't understand the terms or just used a click-bait title.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Just saw these at a local Daiso shop in Japan. Shame they were missing a few team members...

IMG_20231019_192724.jpg

IMG_20231019_192740.jpg

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Giant Grimlock. Turns from robot, to t-rex (w/dino bird), to sniper rifle and back.

Available in G1 and blue G2 colours.

Grimlock Sniper Rifle.png

In other news, another combiner has entered the fray.

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
Found these at Dollar Tree today, they share all but what's on back of the legs (and the colors), six different-ish vehicles. They have friction motors and auto-transform by running into a wall and then trying to shove through it. They actually work, too. Rescue Bots size, so I guess they can be troop builders for anyone still doing Rescue Bots/Classic Heroes toys.

LYB2.JPG

LYB1.JPG

LYB for Little Youth Brigade?

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
(The yellow tag shows a dump truck, which I couldn't find, but neither was I inclined to spend a lot of time going through the bin on the bottom shelf. So there's at least one I don't have, probably two for symmetry.)

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
To be fair, the massive simplifications on those molds fixes some of the wonky issues. Looks more like a Legion class version.

Found the other two Rescue Bot clones, and fixed a problem with the gimmick of one of the first six:

LYB3.JPG

I figure Heat Wave volunteered to be the donor for a refinement of the Clone process in an attempt to create more Rescue Bot protoforms, and they ended up with two "Quad Squads" with nigh-identical robot modes (two color runs) but somewhat specialized vehicle modes.

---Dave

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
I figure Heat Wave volunteered to be the donor for a refinement of the Clone process in an attempt to create more Rescue Bot protoforms, and they ended up with two "Quad Squads" with nigh-identical robot modes (two color runs) but somewhat specialized vehicle modes.

---Dave

I don't have any Rescue Bots for reference, but those look like a crazy mix of the little Tonka trucks I played with growing up (basically over-sized Hot Wheels-type trucks and vans from the late 70s/early 80s) and possibly gravity bots, with maybe - somehow - some radio flyer wagon thrown in.

Top Bottom