THE KNOCK OFF TRANSFORMERS THREAD

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Here's a little slice of KO nostalgia.

Omegatron.png

The original "Omega Supreme" mold was sold in other countries, including its native home of Japan as a black, grey and red version. The British release was called "Omegatron" (possibly a rip-off/pastiche of "Omega Supreme" and "Megatron") and was sold as a "bad guy":

- https://soundwavesoblivion.blogspot.com/2015/03/grandstand-convertors-omegatron.html?m=1

The British advert was so cheap, but the Japanese one is great.

A KO of this figure featured as a "robotic messenger" in the KO/B-movie, "Ninja Terminator":

-

The opening of the film and the trailer even features ripped-off Star Wars music:

-

Here's the full film. It's almost as bad as "Samurai Cop":

-

-

And for those of us that would like to own Omegatron, two companies are selling 3P versions of him (for between 80 and 170 dollars, depending on the version).

- https://showzstore.com/pangu-toys-p...-omega-supreme-black-version-w-led_p5272.html

- https://showzstore.com/newage-h53d-michael-omega-supreme_p5044.html

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
In other news, a (so bad it's good?) 3P/KO Optimus Primal is coming out.

Notimus Primal.jpg

It's around 30 dollars. Mangmotion even showed every it could look like if we replace the fugly "Grimlock" head with a PE Primal Prime head:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
An OSKO, recoloured version of a 3P, TLK Bumblebee figure is out. The original was the same size as regular official figures, but this version is about MP sized? It retails for around 30 dollars.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Just as official TFs have got books/magazines devoted to them, so too have KO "hook toy" tfs (the kind of KO sold at souvenir/gift shops at all good aquariums, zoos, museums, etc).

51Aea3tugsL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
There are some really good ones in there.
I got the book a few days ago. RRP was ¥1,000 but I paid ¥3,000. It's about 8 years old though, so I hope the price was fair? I was a little shocked that it was so small though. I was expecting it to be the same size as a "mook" such as the Transformers Generations mooks in Japan.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
ShowZ have updated their counterfeit/KO G1 listings and now have more minobots for sale. Check out the bottom of the list for links to them here.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
KO MP Jetfire - $125.

Internet_20230905_213809.png

Video review of the final production version.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
ShowZ vs 52Toys.png

I don't know if anyone else is aware but ShowZ just got back to me about why they (and their partners, like Gundamit) haven't been selling any of the new Beastbox/Beastdrive figures:

-
"...we decided not to carry any 52toys products from now on.

If you remember, we had some problems with our Paypal account three months ago, and we now know that it is caused by 52toys and the TMNT IP holder Viacom. They sued us and got a TRO on our Paypal account just because we are selling the 52toys TMNT toys. So we decide not to carry any 52toys in the future..."

I'm not sure exactly why they were sued by them, but there you go.

Top Bottom