The Kaiju Thread of Building-Smashing, Flame-Breathing, and Slam-Dunking

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Unrelated to anything actually important I found some little Harry Potter line figures in deep clearance and now King Kong has new friends and/or kidnapping victims.

It's hard to tell with him.

53059465597_a282686dae_o.jpg

Also, while not actually kaiju directly, Bigbadtoystore has some really simple effect kits by the same Moderoid line that made The Big O I posted on the prior page. Very simplistic, just a ring in three parts, each part in three pieces. Wind, flame, and waves were available, I got one of each. This is them right off the sprues and put together, no painting or gluing done. Might be good for dioramas if anyone's interested in that.

53056008920_79dfc8a9ea_o.jpg

53055045722_686947da0c_o.jpg

53056008980_4843608797_o.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Godzilla vs. Hedorah vs. Jet Jaguar vs. The Big O vs. Ghidorah vs. smaller Jet Jaguar vs. Biollante vs. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man vs. Fortress Maximus vs. Rose Biollante vs. Gumby vs. zoning ordinances vs. Snoopy vs. the Red Baron vs. railway right-of-way-laws vs.-

53076031364_0d4216a8c5_o.jpg

I always wondered if somewhere in some Godzilla-verse, if whenever Mecha-Godzilla turns up, there's reports of a crazy man in a green jogging suit and crash helmet playing a flute while running down the street. No one knows who he is or why he does this but he hasn't been killed yet, amazingly...

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Screenshot_20230907_202744_GODZILLA BATTLE LINE.jpg

It's finally happened...Godzilla and Gamera finally OFFICIALLY cross over in Toho's Godzilla Battle Line game! In a month-long collaboration tie in to Gamera: Rebirth, Gamera and, later in the month, Gyaos will be available as top-tier 4 star battle pieces. They are also promoting the existing Godzilla Earth piece, I suppose because of both series being on Netflix (though the Singular Point pieces aren't being highlighted, so 🤷)? I have no idea if this might lead to a crossover in other media, but it's still pretty cool! Previous collaborations brought Shin Ultraman and Kamen Rider, Evangelion, and Kong into the game, so Gamera has plenty of Kaiju and Toku greats to battle with and against! The game is free to play, though there are ads to watch for certain rewards and, of course, lots of opportunities for micro-transactions to gain extra benefits, but even free players can get one Gamera battle piece by playing throughout the month, so it's a good time to check it out.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Something something Fan Rage not an actual Godzilla monster something Ah, who am I kidding I did it within five minutes of getting the toy and you did too. Admit it.

51206145984_7695e581f8_c.jpg

Godzilla vs. Gamera vs. Stay Puft vs. Perry Mason vs. Mothra vs. Biollante vs. Jet Jaguar vs. Local Rail vs. Other Mothra vs. Snoopy vs. Pedestrian Right of Way Laws vs. Godzilla 2000 vs. the Homeowners Association vs...

51379297927_875b296fee_o.jpg

All I'm saying is if Kong fought dinosaurs now they'd probably have feathers...

51216784814_379dd49699_c.jpg

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Finally got around to watching the first few eps of the new Netflix Gamera. I like it so far. Not as challenging to follow as Singularity and its Orthogonal Diagonalizer and a good take on the franchise so far in the eps I've seen.

-ZacWilliam, hope it leads to more Gamera in the future.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I picture Kup saying "I Orthogonal Diagonalizer'd once. Didn't know a robot could GET a red rash, other than the Hate Plague. Well, it wasn't the plague but I sure hated it...retroactively, as it happened..."

Dvandom

Citizen
I ended up having to fast-forwards through about five minutes of the first episode, the shorts-cap-brats plotline was just painful. But they got tolerable in later episodes.

---Dave

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
20230930_134421.jpg

The English language translation of the original Godzilla and Godzilla Raids Again novellas is out! I'm in the early stages of reading through, and really enjoying the story. Seems like the author spent a bit more time on Godzilla's earliest victims, which kind of makes sense with the Lucky Dragon No. 7 inspiration, and seems a lot more sensitive to those victims than I was expecting. Also, it's seems that Ogata's role was originally held by Shinkichi, the kid from Odo island?

Anyone else getting this? What do you think?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As seen on the Front Page, McFarlane has 4" scale Pacific Rim toys coming out. Each pack has either a Kaiju or a Jaeger, a smashable building, and a couple of little army vehicles, and a comic. $20 each, which strikes me as a LITTLE pricey for what you get, but I'll probably pick up at least a few. I love me some Pacific Rim, and I don't currently have any figures from it.

g-d.jpg

cherno.jpg

c-t.jpg

s-e.jpg

knife.jpg

raiju.jpg

or.jpg

l-b.jpg

Top Bottom