The Ever Popular, "What Are You Playing" Thread!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'm still playing Tears of the Kingdom, but it feels like a good time to take a break. I just got my butt handed to me in Hyrule Castle, Zelda is one of those rare games that's easy to get back into after a break and a couple new games are coming out.

I finally got my PS5 to my parents house, so I'm really getting into Street Fighter 6. Final Fantasy XVI is out tomorrow. But if the demo is anything to go by, I may be playing that sparingly.

wentwood

Citizen
When I got a Play Station 2 Final Fantasy X - XII were the first 3 games bought. Also Dragon Warrior VIII Journey Of The Cursed King.

I later picked up Tekken 4 and 5.

I own 10 Tomb Raider games and the 1st 5 on PS1 which I can play on PS 2.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy X has the weirdest level up system I've ever seen.

On top of this that sphere grid is a bit confusing.

wentwood

Citizen
Board Games

Monopoly
Clue
Clue 2023
Jumanji
Jumanji 2 Welcome To The Jungle

The Jumanji game is adapted from the 1995 movie and I got the VIP for this.

The Next Leavel is due to come out.

wentwood

Citizen
Moving old games onto flash drive to play them on Blustacks 10 later on PC.

Clue 2023 starts up on mobile this month.

Finishing Final Fantasy V on PS Mini.

Having gotten the Tru Blue Flash Drives I'm playing a lot of the old PS 1 games.

Will get to them after Final Fantasy IV and V.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Guess I forgot to post about Rain Code when I beat it. Saw a lot of plot stuff coming (I think this was done intentionally), but not all of it. Would like to see more from this world/concept.
The extra content was a bit disappointing. The music album is fine. The digital art book was short, and the interface wouldn't allow zooming on all the pics, just the main ones. The first DLC... is a short story. Yep. At least we get some backstory for one of the chars, but I was hoping it'd be in game. Oh well.

I was browsing the Nintendo eShop and saw this: Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical. Looks like a VN, but having it also be a musical, and the concept itself, look pretty cool. I'll try to wait for a few reviews when it comes out on 8/10, but I'm pretty darn intrigued.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy IX

Training up my party at the moment but will also be playing the game on PS 2.

Played the dumbest cross over game to date.

Marvel vs Street Fighter

wentwood

Citizen
PS 1 games on PS Classic Mini
-

Castle Vainia - Symphony Of The Night
Castle Vainia Chronicles
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Syphon Filter Trilogy

PS 2

Dragon Warrior VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Mega Man 1 - 8
Mega Man X 1 - X 8
Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V Chronicles
Tomb Raider VI The Angel Of Darkness
Tomb Raider VII Legend
Tomb Raider VIII Anniversary
Tomb Raider IX Underworld

Mobile

Clue 2023 edition

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
So close to being finished with SRW V, then probably onto HROT since it finally reached 1.0.
Wrapped these up months ago, V's definitely one of the objectively better stories for a SRW, but not my favorite. HROT is just...goddamn weird. I say that affectionately. I did end up cheating on the final boss only because I did not have the patience to put up with doing the intended loop to get enough ammo from regular enemy spawns to take it down.

Since then...

SRW T Expansion - a good romp mashing up the original stuff of V, X, and T. Was very nice to go back to T's more modern/broken mechanics after downgrading twice in playing the trilogy backwards. Definitely needed it since they weren't pulling any punches, the DLC enemies were often much higher levels and hit like mack trucks, so I had to actually think a little more than usual. Wish they hadn't done the "oh no our memories got scrambled" bit just to undo that at the end, having more chances across the board to have "hey you're the guy I know but not" interactions would've been more interesting than just having it be crammed into the end cutscene. Better that than nothing, though.

Chop Goblins - funky little five dollar shooter you can finish in like an hourish from the guy who made DUSK and Iron Lung. Fun and silly, lack of checkpoints/mid level saves is a bit frustrating if you're bad at video games like me. Has a singing Dracula boss fight while you shoot him with a wooden-stake-chaingun.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight - the idea of a short metroidvania seemed bizarre to me at first - like 6.5 hours short - but it was pretty welcome.

Gravity Circuit - What if the Mega Man Zero series and Shatterhand had a baby? It'd be this, and it's goddamn delightful. If you loved the chain rod in Zero 2, you'll enjoy this. Also, suplex special move is the most satisfying shit ever.

Annnnnd I've rebooted my ACNH island since I can't change my name on it, as well as finally modded my 3DS and got the fan translation of SRW W running on it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I've been playing Pokémon Polished Crystal, a Pokémon Crystal ROM hack that basically adds a whole bunch of shit to the game to make it like the definitive Gen II experience in my opinion.

Not gonna spoil it all (mostly cause I haven't beaten the game yet) but it adds shit like the Physical/Special split, Natures and Abilities, Fairy type, post Gen II evolutions and pre-evolutions (unfortunately because of technical limitations on the actual number of Pokémon that can be in the game, a number of Pokémon had to be removed - sorry if your fave is the Spearow line - to fit the evos and pre-evos), some Pokémon have their types changed (although they do offer a version of the hack without the changed Pokémon typing, for those who don't want that), and a bunch of other cool shit.

Right now my team consists of Bayleef, Espeon, Sylveon (remember what I said about post-Gen II evolutions?), Starmie, Graveler, and Vulpix.

wentwood

Citizen
Played Mega Man X6 today and finished 2 levels so far.

I may go through X 6 on PS 2 but I wanted to get a feel for the game.

X6 is a new game.

wentwood

Citizen
Finishing Final Fantasy V on PS Mini. I just need to beat the last castle.

Final Fantasy IV will now be the only mainline game up to Final Fantasy XIII I have yet to play.

I may play IV on mobile possibly.

As for V that was played on PS 1 years ago. Just need to finish the game.

Had to skip Final Fantasy XI and XIV as they are online.

Will resume XIII once I replace my HD for my PS 3.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I found out that Stray Gods was also a murder mystery, so I got it the day of release. XD
I enjoyed it quite a bit, buuuuuut on my first playthrough, it kept crashing right after the last musical battle. It has an auto-save function, you can't save manually. It keeps a log of all the auto saves, but loading from a previous save point deletes your progress. I tried different options in the last battle, tried loading from an older save point, but no luck. Had to start a new game. It worked fine, but there are some things that alter the fates of the characters, so now I'm replaying it to see the other options. It did crash at other points, but reloading worked.
Aside from the crashing, other issues include the menu/map being difficult to navigate, but it also responds to touch. There's some spots with sensitive content, but it includes warnings you can view beforehand. Also, there's no way to FFW or skip to the choices. On replays, you have to let it play out.
Game is pro LGBT, there's two female and two male love interests, and a trans/non-binary char. The music is a mixed bag for me. Having different options that change the tune is cool, but doesn't always work if you don't stick to one type of reaction.

Upcoming games:
Finally, a fashion game where I can freely switch back and forth b/t avatars, including masculine ones? Heck yeah, I'm in.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy IV

This is the only SNES FF not yet played.

Final Fantasy V

World 3 with a 41 but need to get
stronger before I finish the game.

I played nearly all of it on PS 1 years ago. Finishing from when I played on PS 1.

Final Fantasy IX

On Disk 2. I own the game but need to gage level before I reach certain points in the game.

Mega Man X6

I own this on PS 2 but wanted to get a feel for the game.

Clue 2023 (Mobile)

Starts on the 25th.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy IX notes

I use the PS Mini to see how strong I need to be then when I play the game I train up that strong at key parts in the game.

I need to be Level 18 before I finish Disk 1 on PS 2 to keep my advantage with the boss fights later.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I just started "black Skylands" and... well, I like the graphics, I'm enjoying gameplay, the controls take some getting used to but that's strictly a me problem cause it's been so long since I've played a top down.

Top Bottom