The COVID Vaccination Thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I got it too. Triple-vaxed. I went on a trip with my gf and she started complaining of feeling sick just prior to checking into the hotel. Spent the night together and then stayed at her place to check up on her. Next day, she tested positive. I felt a bit odd back at work on Monday, then had two tests on Tuesday. Over the counter kit tested negative, while PCR test came back as positive a few days later. Been coughing up phlegm, sneezing, and feeling like sh*te all week at home now since Tuesday (didn't got back to work). Keep waking up, drinking water, coughing, watching a few episodes of The Clone Wars, taking some out-of-date paracetamol for my headache and then going back to bed to rest.

It didn't help that on the bullet train, directly opposite us, some selfish w*nk*rs weren't wearing masks, and neither were several foreigners who walked past us too.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I tested negative yesterday, and updated my doctor as to the course of events. He took note of symptoms, and agreed with me to wait eight weeks before getting a booster.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Heh, I'm gonna assume they were banned from Facebook. All the name-change to META has done is cause confusion(and I think that was the point, actually, given how maligned Facebook was when they decided to change their corporate name)

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It was a ban across both their platforms, which is almost a good reason to use the parent company's name. Almost.

Seriously, nobody in the media calls Google "Alphabet", so why did the media fall in lockstep behind Facebook's rebranding?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It was a ban across both their platforms, which is almost a good reason to use the parent company's name. Almost.

Seriously, nobody in the media calls Google "Alphabet", so why did the media fall in lockstep behind Facebook's rebranding?
Actually, they do refer to Google as "Alphabet" when appropriate:

- https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...stem-has-sent-700tb-of-data-with-99-9-uptime/

- https://www.engadget.com/alphabet-x-mineral-223517153.html

- https://www.talkandroid.com/350814-verily-coronavirus-screening-tool/

Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Well I'm back to working in corrections, the local county jail.
Picked up one scumbag from a neighboring county that didn't share it was in the middle of a covid outbreak.
next day he tested positive, the guy I went with to pick him up tested positive, and now we're up to 4 officers and 6 inmates testing positive. Not big numbers, but please consider our jail has 20 people incarcerated daily and have only about 10 officers to run everything.
My second week working there I pulled two 16 hour shifts back to back because they literally had no one else to call.

They tried calling me in tonight because another officer popped hot. I have my kids this week and told them I was unavailable.

yay ******* covid.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Welp, my journey is currently at an end. I tested myself this morning and I'm clear, if you choose to believe the 15 minute home test.

I'm still kinda suffering under the lingering affects: a cough I can't quite shake, more congestion than usual, and ongoing lack of energy (like seriously, most days I need a ******* nap in the afternoon. I've never done that before.), but at least I'm not sick or contagious anymore.

Edit: lethargy, is the word I was looking for. Also; a renewed intolerance for warm temperatures.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Welp, my journey is currently at an end. I tested myself this morning and I'm clear, if you choose to believe the 15 minute home test.

I'm still kinda suffering under the lingering affects: a cough I can't quite shake, more congestion than usual, and ongoing lack of energy (like seriously, most days I need a ******* nap in the afternoon. I've never done that before.), but at least I'm not sick or contagious anymore.

Edit: lethargy, is the word I was looking for. Also; a renewed intolerance for warm temperatures.
Glad you're recovering! I'm back at work too but as I only have a mile and occasional phlegmy cough, I was told to return to work after 7 days of absence. The first day back and some idiot stands close to me without a mask, telling me he's not worried about Covid and they already had it 2-3 times before and it's "just like the flu, so don't worry".... This moron apparently has a PHD from a university in Bangladesh and got a job due to "connections" with management. He's not a popular figure here...

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Something I heard a while back: post-covid, taking it easy for like 6 weeks helps reduce the chance of long covid, as it gives the body more time to recover. They specifically said potato'd, but that's not feasible for working folk unfortunately. I haven't heard it mentioned recently, but I also haven't personally seen much discussion at all recently either so I chalk it up to that. Doesn't help the CDC basically pulled all recommendations of what to do when sick and says "Just deal with it lol" as far as guidelines.

Also: https://medium.com/@kim_crawley/twitter-is-censoring-medical-research-about-covid-fcbe02ae6664
tl;dr is the moderation bot is confusing Long Covid and post-infection discussion with anti-vaxx posts.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
In some use-cases automation is actually very useful. In cases like this, where context is key, even the best of AIs still struggles.

Kup

Citizen
Currently in the ER. My covid 2022 experience was mostly chest congestion. Tonight I started having chest pains to the point of coughing/feeling lightheaded.

Decided to come in just to be safe. Early signs pointing inflammation, not so much a heart issue, but waiting for labs and a bit more info to be sure.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Something I've been thinking about lately... COVID-19 is literally a variant of SARS, the virus that caused a minor scare back in the 2000s but was so well contained that it never became a real problem anywhere. What did people do back then to successfully contain it, and why didn't they do it again in 2019 despite having almost two decades to study it and fully understand the dangers? What changed?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
We also weren't closing our borders and forcing everyone to stay home for two weeks, which is what the countries that actually took decisive action against COVID were doing in early 2020. Why wasn't that necessary back then?

Top Bottom