The Allspark Pro Wrestling Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And the locals shall need appeasing.

Ironbite-GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

So, I watched Collision, and saw his press statement at the start, and now apparently CM punk is being described as a wild man that was going to kill everyone backstage, so they can claim that in the upcoming lawsuit. :p

Anyways, not feeling that was enough, Tony comes out with a folding chair and says the exact same thing live to the audience, taking 4 times as long as he is literally booed to the point where he has to sit down. The crowd had some choice words for him when he said he feared for his life, as they weren't buying that. In the live reading, he tried to bury the decision on the lawyers and their recommendation, which also didn't go over.

There is some footage out there of the young bucks doing a victory lap in the collision ring to an empty building, and I think that says about all you can say for this situation at the moment.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Collision's ratings dropped 37% this week. Granted there was WWE Payback going on, but this was by far the lowest ratings the show has ever done, which is 18% lower than the next lowest rating that they have.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Eh who cares. Collision was created to apease Punk. Now he's gone.

Ironbite-maybe we'll get Dark back.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am pretty sure that a lot of folks care, and I am interested to see if the ratings drop continues.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Meanwhile at the untied center this Sunday:

I think that this market is dead to them for the near future.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What I heard from people who were there was that it was pretty much just TK and the Bucks drawing boos, with the latter even leaning into it. The crowd was reportedly good for the rest.

Maybe the Bucks and TK don't show their faces in Chicago for a while, but it sounds like the market is still there for them.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I am sure that they will have to pay him out his contract, so I guess he gets a free year+ of employment without having to go to work. In exchange they lose the training center in Florida that they were going to have him run to train new talent. Seems like a great deal for AEW.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Samoa Joe, who was there, finally is asked about the All In incident.
"For the most part, I haven’t read what’s been portrayed. There’s been so much said. I’m not the one to go out there and try to debunk everything. I know we had the initial incident. Everybody rallied. Everybody got together. Got their heads together and lined up and got ready to do the show and we went out there and we did the show," he said. "That really was the focus at that point in time. We got a massive show to do and we got fans out there rabid to see that happen. So it’s important that we step up and do it and it’s important that we did, and I was proud to be a part of that."

Joe was asked whether the situation was as serious as Khan stated when he noted Punk endangered innocent lives backstage and feared for his own life.

"That’s up to whoever perceived it. I’m used to that environment. Those things don’t seem very intense to me, but it could be something crazy intense to someone else. I wasn’t really affected by the moment. I was more focused on getting the show back on track and getting us going because it was bell time.”

The two men have a long history together, spanning decades. Regarding his relationship with Punk, Joe thinks many things are misunderstood or portrayed about him, but it’s been non-wrestling related for their relationship.

Nothing earth shattering in there, read between the lines as you will. I still am surprised that there hasn't been a leaked video of it out there yet. Maybe they will put it on the DVD. :)

Last edited:

Shadhausen

Citizen
So apparently last night on Dynamite Moxley likely suffered a mild concussion early in the match with Fenix and instead of stopping the match it was allowed to continue up to a screwy finish that saw the ref fail to count the pinfall even though he was told to and Mox didn't kick out. Way to look out for your talent, AEW!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope that the plumber is ok. But seriously, its 2023 folks, stop the match for these serious injuries.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And the WWE has dropped the following wrestlers since the merger:

• Dolph Ziggler
  • Mustafa Ali
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Elias
  • Riddick Moss
  • Emma
  • Top Dolla
  • Aaliyah
  • Rick Boogs

Ironbite4

Citizen
You can possibly add Tegan Nox to that list as well.

Ironbite-at least that's the rumor. There will be more.

Top Bottom