The 2022 Midterms Thread

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
AOC gets to be a thorn in the GOP's side for at least two more years.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
If it comes down to another goddamned runoff in Georgia, I'm going to immediately start donating to Warnock's campaign.

And I live in California.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
FWIW, I did my meager part in voting against Republicans across the board. Not that I expect it to have much impact in Oklahoma. Hell, even the “Democrat” candidate was originally a Republican, though probably not a huge deal since about EVERYONE in this state skews conservative to some degree.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
This is an encouraging result so far. No huge red wave as I saw some predictions. The Republicans aren't doing as well as I expected.

Pale Rider

Citizen
This makes three straight elections in which the GOP has underperformed, at best.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Bout what was expected. Dems keep the Senate, lose the House. 2 years of gridlock in congress. House will be doing 'investigations' into Biden instead of actually governing, etc.

We DO sill have a slim chance to oust Boebert, though, so that's nice.

As far as my state goes. Dems now control the legislature AND the governors office. The MD Court of Appeals is still Republican controlled, owing to Hogan nominating all but one of them. I tried, but there aren't enough of us Left leaning people in the part of the state I live in, so Harris is still my Rep, ah well.

MrBlud

Citizen
A Dem blowout was never in the cards so they performed well enough given the crosswinds they were facing.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
This makes three straight elections in which the GOP has underperformed, at best.
There's a reason they keep having to gerrymander and voter purge: they have no ideas, no policy, and aren't actual leaders. They can't win a fair fight. They'll underperform until they either get their authoritarian government, or die off completely.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Definitely not the blowout I was expecting. Still hurts to lose the House to GOP stupidity.

Dake

Citizen
Still bad, just not as bad as I expected. We're at the point in our democracy now where I'm simply relieved there were no mass-shootings at minority voting locations. That being said, I think it demonstrates that all the laws that went in to place after 2020 to make it harder to vote are working.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Reasonably sure. The GOP needed 5 and they flipped 4 via gerrymandering in Florida alone. Going to be fascinating to see how they govern with slim margins, and hopefully a Democratic Senate where their ideas go to die.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
DeSantis intentionally designed our new map to cancel out Democrat redistricting gains everywhere else. If Republicans flip the house by a squeaker he is going to get the credit.

Pale Rider

Citizen
Am I just being a Debbie Downer or are the Dems counting their chickens a tad too early? As I understand it, the GOP can still win the Senate in AZ, NV and GA. Am I missing something?

Ironbite4

Citizen
Unless Blake Masters gets like....a million votes while Mark Kelly gets none, Arizona's gonna keep the space hero. Meanwhile, yeah we go to a run off with Walker and Warnock but Warnock beat Walker by a full percentage point AND a runoff is how we got Georgia in the first place.

Ironbite-Nevada.....eh.

Top Bottom