Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I still want a explanation about what happened to the animals in Equestria. We didn't have flying snails or unicorn...everythings back in G4.

"You really should find a new deputy" I guess this means Sprout ISN'T the deputy, still? Despite what the video game seems to say.

Treehugger is immortalized in the art gallery. And Rainbow Dash is the Scream, it seems.

Rarity's love of crime noir lives on, it seems.

Oh, no...critter jail! They won't be able to live on the outside after this!

blueskyscribe

Citizen
I loved the scene where the seagull wakes up Hitch by just screaming.
Screenshot 2022-05-05 6.13.47 AM.png

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
We finally get our sixth pony, everybody! The second male member and a unicorn to boot!

That unicorn chant seems a little more "Yak" to me.

It doesn't take much for Izzy to go all Party of One on us, does it?

Yeah, they actually are setting up why Posey hates magic in Make Your Mark here, aren't they?

Optimare Prime's hair is FANTASTIC!

That restaurant gives ponies a LOT of tomatoes with their spagetti, don't they? I guess they have to make up for the lack of meatballs somehow.

I mean, they didn't really "forget" so much as "didn't have any idea this was a thing", but it's the thought that counts.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The Pancakes: Izzy is gross count: 1.

Sunny you've been friends for about a month and 4/5ths of you are all living together already. If anything you should be backing off a little.

(Giggle at the ghosties....) They found the forest of...the CHILDREN OF ANGEL!

...Where'd they get those bandanas? Or the cloth for the bandanas?

"Earth Ponies don't clean their underwear"...Izzy is gross count: 2.

Is that flying rat following them around? It was being threatened by the pitchfork-weilding uni-raccoons at the beginning, too.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

Ah, Posey has friends...or lackies...

Why was Hitch wearing a cape? But, good for you, Hitch, owning it.

So, Earth Ponies can also make giant plants with their hooves. Image the possibilities...I don't have specific, but there's probably something cool they can do with that.

Let this be a lesson: Don't let Tell Your Tale Izzy around...anything. Seriously, almost everything this version of the character touches gets destroyed.

Well, the soundproofing in the Brighthouse leaves something to be desired.

Wow, I do NOT want to know how much that giant smoothie cost. There's no way they can eat all that.

Again with the capes. Is this a thing with Hitch, now?

Heh...SAND-castle...with sandwich bread.

Zipp is a good sister.

Is this a "season" finale? The song makes it feel like a finale of some sort, even though I think we know this will last about 70 episodes (59 left to go!). Doesn't really work with the song from the Salon episode, but, eh, it's nice enough.

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen

This is probably my favorite of the bunch so far.

How did Izzy get the popcorn back?

I like Hitch's objection reaction.

I wonder if we ever see that machine of Pipp's again? Honestly, it can go either way.

I REALLY love Sunny's response to being accused. XD

DISTRACTION!

I'll admit I didn't really pay much mind to the fact that she was measuring Zipp's head this entire time.

I don't know why but I love that joke with the apple.

Yeah we all saw this ending coming.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That was a good one. This show is better than it should be.

I like this detective angle they've gone for with Zipp. It's interesting.

How she talked her friends into those mugshot pictures is a mystery. She must do this so often that they just sigh and go along with it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Hitch seems to be the one MOST scared of horror movies.

Sunglasses? Of course...the one's you ALWAYS wear...

Of course Izzy would have the most "creative" signature.

Why are the water nozzles on the OUTSIDE of the shampooer? Why design it like that?

Pipp collects sunglasses the way some people collect shoes.

Sunny just...keeps a pair of sunglasses in her hair at all times. AND a smoothie. Okay...

They actually set this up. This was a actual solvable mystery, sorta. Well done!

It's the thing from the credits! I was wondering what that was. And...Izzy has tech skills, if all those visor modes are any indication. We're learning all shorts of new things about our cast today, aren't we?

Izzy's actually really thoughtful in this one. It's nice to see.

A facehoof well earned, Zipp...

How did Izzy get the popcorn back?
She is VERY quick on her feet.

BUT...eating floor popcorn...Izzy is gross count: 1.

Yeah, I'll agree. That was one of the better episodes.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Wait, she's making the lantern from the Make Your Mark special? Days BEFORE Maretime Bay Day? So...it REALLY IS A DIFFERENT LANTERN?! What happened to the one Sunny's dad made? Did she just chuck it?

"Too small" ...Izzy you can't say that while looking at a stallion's...*sigh* poor guy.

The earring chase: Posey's rage is justified count: 1.

Really? After a whole chase Izzy just decides it's not the right one. Posey's probably going to have to pay for those flowers, too. Posey's rage is justified count: 2.

Izzy dumpster diving: Izzy is gross count: 1.

No...NO! You don't make a catchy song about dumpster diving! STOP THAT! ...It's actually kind of a good song, and well choreographed. I hope Hasbro is prepared to pay for some kids' tetanus shots.

Huh, so the lantern has a magic rock inside it. That's...random. I didn't notice THAT in Make Your Mark. Also note: Hasbro's new toy is literal trash.

Last edited:

blueskyscribe

Citizen
Izzy is Posey's supervillain origin, first the Trotformers movie and now this.

I wasn't a fan of the plot, but the paint-spattered backgrounds during the song and the animation when the lamp lit up were genuinely pretty. The diver pony being named Neptune was great, as he's not only the god of the sea but also the god of horses.

I'm kind of fascinated by the interplay between TYT and MYM. Because they have A LOT of direct connections (the lamp, Earth pony magic coming back at Maretime Bay Day), too many to be coincidence. Though some things don't quite line up.

During Aligned, Hasbro wanted one cohesive Transformers universe / timeline, and tbh I wasn't surprised that it fell apart because it's really hard to keep different people from different media organized like that, it would need a ton of communication and willingness to work together. But with G5 MLP Hasbro is managing it (mostly) so far.

BTW in case anyone hasn't been keeping up with the toyline and is wondering why the lamp is getting so much emphasis, it's because there's a toy lamp. Which is also the source of the toy / lamp in the movie. (The G5 movie writers did a great job folding the toy elements in unobtrusively. "Hoof to heart" is also a toy gimmick name, for example, which just means "the toys can pick up accessories". But the Next Generation writers turned it into something heartfelt and meaningful. It's a narrow line to walk with toyetic media.)

I don't get the streamlined redesign though, because the toy DOES have little figures of an earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn around the outside of the lamp.

Screenshot 2022-06-09 8.02.52 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-09 8.08.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-09 8.08.16 AM.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

blueskyscribe

Citizen
Wow, this one packed a lot in five minutes! One of my favorite episodes.

The heartfelt moment with Sunny on the beach, telling Hitch she feels like she's "stuck", was amazing. Also loved the support she got from her other friends even if the results were, uh, questionable. Please don't add fire, Zipp . . .

Surprising bit of world building: I'm pretty sure Zipp sets up the obstacle course in the old CanterLogic factory, which is covered in cobwebs.

Screenshot 2022-06-16 8.11.24 AM.png

But getting back to the main plot of the episode, I like how alicorn magic is being a pain in the butt until Sunny learns how to use it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They still don't know how to write Izzy.

She really is a descendant of Scootaloo, isn't she?

Now she's going super saiyan.

That is definitely the Canterlogic stage. I guess the place did go out of business.

There was actually some merit to this idea, invoking some danger to see if the wings would do their thing on instinct instead of overthinking it. Didn't work though.

I don't know why I'm surprised the beach is such a recurring location between this show and Make Your Mark. The place is called Maretime Bay. Of course they have a beach and visit it a lot. I guess I'm just noticing that this crew and the 3D crew are treating the same locations as important. They either shared or were handed from above notes on what locations to use and generally where they are relative to each other. There is an attempt being made to keep the geography consistent. It is noticeable after G4 couldn't always remember whether Ponyville is on a mountain or not.

Hitch is not being a joke.

Okay this seems like a lame disaster but a wave that ludicrously huge would actually be dangerous. How it popped up like that is a mystery for the ages.

She's going super saiyan again.

Not bad.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Wait, so Sunny's alicorn powers are tied to making sure all of her friends are happy and fulfilled in their lives? Huh. I mean I guess it makes sense, "friendship is magic" and all. But, it kind of leaves Sunny with not a lot to focus on for her own goals. Plus, why did it happen when everyone was asleep? Shouldn't that happen when they're all celebrating or something? Was just dreaming about her friends being happy enough to trigger the change?

They will NEVER clean up all that glitter. This is their lives now...

"Alicorn it up!"-How about "Shazam!" or "Kimota!" or "Taaru!" or "Kaji-Da!" or "Cei-U!"

Oh, my...she is the reincarnation of Scootaloo! Those tiny wing flaps are adorable!

Now she has the power of...HAIR! Cousin It would be proud.

The sock really makes that hair-style work.

Zipp..the way you choose to use your spare time is weird. And Nickelodeon wants it's daily supply of slime back.

Aww, Hitch being the most helpful is sweet. (Now KEEEESS)

You saved the fillies! ...And doomed the local ecosystem for the next 1000 years. Seriously, they'll never get all that glitter cleaned up. Dolphins will choke to death, Sunny!

Surprising bit of world building: I'm pretty sure Zipp sets up the obstacle course in the old CanterLogic factory, which is covered in cobwebs.

Good catch! I didn't notice that at first. Kind of makes me worried about all the ponies who were employed by the factory, but...hopefully we get some more information on that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wait, so Sunny's alicorn powers are tied to making sure all of her friends are happy and fulfilled in their lives? Huh. I mean I guess it makes sense, "friendship is magic" and all. But, it kind of leaves Sunny with not a lot to focus on for her own goals. Plus, why did it happen when everyone was asleep? Shouldn't that happen when they're all celebrating or something? Was just dreaming about her friends being happy enough to trigger the change?

Sunny does have a job, so at least she has something to focus on day to day.

Zipp..the way you choose to use your spare time is weird.

Hitch was right. Zipp is bored.

Good catch! I didn't notice that at first. Kind of makes me worried about all the ponies who were employed by the factory, but...hopefully we get some more information on that.

The whole town was plunged into a recession. Tourism from unicorns and pegasuses is probably the only thing keeping the place going. Hopefully it's been great for Sunny's smoothie business.

blueskyscribe

Citizen
I'm headcanoning that the glitter is also made of sugar candy, for my peace of mind. One year I put glitter in my hair for Pride and I had to live with glitter all over the apartment for the next three years. With sugar candy they could melt it away with water.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Sunny does have a job, so at least she has something to focus on day to day.

Hopefully it's been great for Sunny's smoothie business.

Wait a second. Does Sunny actually OWN that smoothie kart or is she working for someone else? In the movie, it honestly just seemed like a one-off gig to sneak into CanderLogic. But, she's been keeping at in TYT. And we've never seen a boss. I guess it makes the most sense just to assume she owns it.

But, I don't know. It's never seemed like she has a real "passion" for smoothies. She's not constantly trying out new recipes or creating new smoothies and naming them after her friends. It seems like it's just a "job" not a "career". Mind you, keeping the peace between the different tribes might be a full time job enough, but still.

The whole town was plunged into a recession. Tourism from unicorns and pegasuses is probably the only thing keeping the place going. Hopefully it's been great for Sunny's smoothie business.

Posey's rage is justified yet again.

I'm headcanoning that the glitter is also made of sugar candy, for my peace of mind. One year I put glitter in my hair for Pride and I had to live with glitter all over the apartment for the next three years. With sugar candy they could melt it away with water.
And then Hitch has to deal with a bunch of critters hopped up on a sugar buzz until they crash. That could be a fun episode.

Honestly, I think they implied the glitter will just disappear once Sunny powers down again. Or figures out a spell to clean up after herself.

Last edited:

Top Bottom