Takara Missing Link G1 Series

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It’s a neat novelty but a full line of this would be pretty hard on the eyes. The G1 toys for the most part were hideous and adding articulation would probably only highlight the jacked up proportions.

Blot

Citizen
If I had a nickel for every time someone posted that the things I liked in Transformers were actually ugly and hideous and no you're wrong you don't really like them for their style, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

zy8mkRo.jpg

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
It’s a neat novelty but a full line of this would be pretty hard on the eyes. The G1 toys for the most part were hideous and adding articulation would probably only highlight the jacked up proportions.
I think most discussion here has admitted it's a concept with a very short list of workable ideas, but we're still interested in seeing where they go with it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Fair warning to everyone here. If you happen to come across this image of what looks like a Missing Link Megatron, it's been determined that that particular image is a fake.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Megatron isn't even remotely convincing. All the necessary new joints are conveniently completely obscured, whereas on Prime we can see how some of the new joints work.

RCX

Citizen
Ironhide and Ratchet seem like obvious early candidates, however the amount of engineering work that would need to go into those would be far greater than Optimus. We should official reveals on 8/9. Pricing on these Optimi show around 120 for the toy version with trailer and 75 for toon without.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ironhide and Ratchet might not be too hard. They don't have many existing joints to tweak, but nothing in the design is in the way of adding new joints. It just costs money, and this line apparently isn't afraid to charge whatever they feel like.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Yeah, based on the initial price points we've seen, I'm very much out, here. It'll be interesting to see how it all develops as time goes on, though.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The vans already have very posable arms by G1 standards, all they need are elbows and wrists. It shouldn’t be too hard to get leg articulation out of it if they put in an actual pelvis instead of the 2D facade the original toys had.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was also introduced to the toys first. It has been weird being a fan of the toys in a toy based franchise, feeling like I'm being told to hug off. I understand the attachment to the cartoon, and the appeal of trying to capture something that was never meant to physically exist. It's very cool when they pull it off. It stops being cool when it means Prowl can't have his shoulder cannons anymore. They can't even be in the box as an option for those who don't bow before the sacred toon. Nope. Toon only. Forever. Go away.

So this line is for me.

Top Bottom