Takara Missing Link G1 Series

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
And then you run into issues with importing a gun into another country. IIRC even MP Megatron had issue being shipped over here.
True enough but TT may just be concerned with the Japanese market. If so how easy or hard it is to import for others won't matter for them.

If they want to do P38 Megs they'll do P38 Megs. And I'll buy it like the mark I am 😛

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Wish list lets goooo

Sideswipe
Sunstreaker
Technobots (Let me dream damn it)
Broadside
Springer
Blitzwing
Octane

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
This looks every bit as awkward as I imagined it would and I absolutely want one.

Now find a way to do Ultra Magnus. It'll take a feat of engineering, but it would be both awesome and hilarious.

Funny - you beat me to this.

I was going to make a comment about a poseable Ultra Magnus w/ a removable cab that could be swapped out w/ Optimus, and then wrap it all up by asking "too soon?"

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Funny - you beat me to this.

I was going to make a comment about a poseable Ultra Magnus w/ a removable cab that could be swapped out w/ Optimus, and then wrap it all up by asking "too soon?"
The Siege and Kingdom armors wrap around Tenseg Base Optimus quite nicely. ;)

I currently have mine wearing the Powered Convoy/Delta Magnus-colored SG armor, and the colors match seamlessly.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wasn't there a G1 release like that in Japan? The PC Diaclone armour with the Optimus Prime cab?
Yes, there was a red cab variant released by GiG in their "Trasformer" line in Italy (Diaclone proper only ever had the blue cab).

RedCabPoweredConvoy.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It wouldn't surprise me if only a small handful of figures get made for this Missing Link line, as it could just be especially made for the 40th anniversary.

Or even, Optimus could just be the only figure made, as a one-and-done standalone release for the anniversary, like how the original MP figure was before they decided to expand Masterpiece into an actual line (but without said line expansion this time since the basic idea of this kind of competes directly against the Generations toys).

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
It wouldn't surprise me if only a small handful of figures get made for this Missing Link line, as it could just be especially made for the 40th anniversary.

Or even, Optimus could just be the only figure made, as a one-and-done standalone release for the anniversary, like how the original MP figure was before they decided to expand Masterpiece into an actual line (but without said line expansion this time since the basic idea of this kind of competes directly against the Generations toys).
Based on figures where this could theoretically work...

Soundwave
Grimlock

Everything else is either too cumbersome a design or has licensing attached to it that might make unfeasible.

Like I'd love a Megs done up like this but... it's not happening. Not with that robot mode.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
This is the total opposite of what Generations is doing.

Reject toon. Return to toy.
My "ideal" G1 redone figure is a toy with the cartoon character designs but the toy decos.

But if I had to lean more one way than the other in that equation I'd rather lean towards the toy than cartoon.

MrBlud

Citizen
Does it though?

Generations is pretty explicitly cartoon based. No one is really going to confuse that Optimus with the Legacy one.

I’d be more concerned with LINE saturation as we currently have Legacy, Studio, Rise, Earthspark, store exclusive subline (Buzzworthy/Toxitron, and Reissues (if Walmart)

That’s a bit much IMO.

Top Bottom