Takara Missing Link G1 Series

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
The Siege and Kingdom armors wrap around Tenseg Base Optimus quite nicely. ;)

I currently have mine wearing the Powered Convoy/Delta Magnus-colored SG armor, and the colors match seamlessly.

Totally forgot about the Tensegrity release, and I do have Delta Magnus . . .

My Optimus and Magnus both used the armor when I was growing up - it all depended on the "story" of the moment.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hanna-Barbera "Challenge of the Transformers" when?
Heh, we kinda got a taste of this in the early Marvel UK stories "Man of Iron", "The Enemy Within!" and "Raiders of the Last Ark".

It's also one of Yuki Ohshima's hallmarks as an Transformers artist:

KPPrimeGoldbug.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's one of those things that sounds weird but looks amazing. There's something about those toy based shapes and proportions that just speaks directly to me.

I hope it's not too long before they get around to a Hot Rod.
Or Rodimus Prime.
I've actually never owned a G1 Optimus. I guess this is what I've been waiting for.
I did... but it was Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Who, incidentally, would not be a bad candidate for this, either.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's been pointed out to me that the two pics in the OP are not actually the same figure, but two separate versions.

15584-79735eb7cfdd12f43dfb7c9822272082.jpg

This first one has amber windows, toes with tail-light details based on the original toy stickers, an all-gold Matrix, an all-silver front bumper, the trailer, Roller, a thin gun, and the rest of the original toy's accessories.

15585-0f44c576af21fbdcd5fd25fe920afb7f.jpg

This second one has blue windows, solid gray toes, a screen-accurately colored silver and copper Matrix, yellow paint on its front bumper's license plate and headlights, no trailer, no Roller, a thick gun, and none of the original toy's other accessories. But an energon axe accessory is also included.

It also seems to have a new cartoon-accurate headsculpt similar to the one that the Music Label toys had.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
So the top one is a toy-deco version of a toy-style mold, while the second is a cartoon deco of a toy-style mold?

Right after they announced a toy-deco version of a cartoon-style mold? (MP-44S)

Is it possible to go deeper?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's been pointed out to me that the two pics in the OP are not actually the same figure, but two separate versions.

15584-79735eb7cfdd12f43dfb7c9822272082.jpg

This first one has amber windows, toes with tail-light details based on the original toy stickers, an all-gold Matrix, an all-silver front bumper, the trailer, Roller, a thin gun, and the rest of the original toy's accessories.

15585-0f44c576af21fbdcd5fd25fe920afb7f.jpg

This second one has blue windows, solid gray toes, a screen-accurately colored silver and copper Matrix, yellow paint on its front bumper's license plate and headlights, no trailer, no Roller, a thick gun, and none of the original toy's other accessories. But an energon axe accessory is also included.

It also seems to have a new cartoon-accurate headsculpt similar to the one that the Music Label toys had.

I'm torn, because I was figuring on buying the no-trailer version just to save money not rebuying a trailer, but the toy-accurate deco/head would also be my preference (if it's an articulated version of the G1 toy, then I want to go all-in on toy accuracy.)

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If there's a version with a trailer and a cheaper version without it, I'm going without. Trailers just go into a box anyway.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't already have a suitable trailer lying around, so I would go for the trailer even if the cheaper option didn't have toon paint.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I'm guessing I will be priced out of either of these, but if I was able, I would definitely go toy deco. Only thing that bothers me is the silver Roller, but otherwise the toy deco hits all the right notes for me. Wouldn't mind a trailer with all its parts, either.

Top Bottom