Studio Series discussion

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Oh, hey, looks like you're right on that. I guess in my mind, I assumed the whole group were meant to be about the same size.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Though, what no one ever talks about regarding Hasbro bumping all the Mini-Bots up to Deluxe class is that several of them end up becoming the same or similar height to the Autobot Cars, most of whom are also Deluxes.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Document 977_1.jpg

Document 976_1.jpg

Document 974_1.jpg

Document 975_1.jpg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Maybe it has two separate backdrop parts inside and they needed to cover the split in the middle.

I dunno, I don't keep those anyway.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
More minor repaints/retools that I'll never buy, generally, I'm not impressed with the Ratchet/Ironhide mold, it doesn't clean up well in vehicle mode and has me questioning choices made in the desgin process! As for Brawn, already owning the figure, I don't see much need for this, but I guess Hasbro is trying to milk the molds as best they can!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
genuine question: how many people are actually buying these?

like i get that 'dead optimus prime' is well established as a REMEMBER TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE??? REMEMBER WHEN PRIME DIED BECAUSE HASBRO JUST VIEWED THESE CHARACTERS AS PRODUCT AND NOTHING ELSE? nostalgia repaint for optimus prime figures at this point, but how much of a market is there specifically for these types of figures?

i mean it must be enough for them to keep making them i guess but also still it's just weird, are we gonna get a wheeljack corpse repaint/retool later on?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's definitely collectors who buy scene specific stuff for dioramas. There may not be many of them, but they have money.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, they already had the Dead Ironhide chest tooling done. Might as well.

I am surprised at the change in packaging. That strip in the middle is going to end up torn on a lot of these I imagine. Could have just used the Buzzworthy box panel layout with SS86 printing (they've reused the layout for the Kingdom era inner cardboard trays throughout Legacy). There's plenty of room for both characters' artwork on the front and the big Transformers text on the right.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If it were up to me?

Release them as a 4-pack shaped like the Autobot shuttle. Flip open the cover, and inside are all four laying there in death poses on the floor of the ship.

Bonus window for the box where the Decepticons blew a hole in the shuttle. Or if not that, then a side where you can see "in" to it and the Decepticons standing there from a different angle.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
These ridiculous scene-specific toys reminds me of what other brands with smaller casts have to resort to to make repaints. You can buy regular Godzilla, Godzilla with blue to represent atomic beams, Godzilla that time he got blasted by the Maser tank, Godzilla after he got slimed by Biollante, Burning Godzilla and Meltdown Godzilla.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If it were up to me?

Release them as a 4-pack shaped like the Autobot shuttle. Flip open the cover, and inside are all four laying there in death poses on the floor of the ship.

Bonus window for the box where the Decepticons blew a hole in the shuttle. Or if not that, then a side where you can see "in" to it and the Decepticons standing there from a different angle.
Or they're posed making a last stand in the midst of the diorama thing. (I was going to say one would be mid-shot with a blast effect attached, but that wouldn't be too good for the hard plastic/paint.) Sounds pretty neat either way.

I think there was a time when this would be something much more likely, especially for a convention exclusive. Papercraft diorama adjacent packaging, niche moment decos, exclusive retooling. Very SDCC/NYCC/whatever. But then it'd be way too expensive to bother with. (But I can also imagine that some of those complaining about them now would be fawning all over them in that format or in that timeframe.)

Glitch

Citizen
What next? Wheeljack and Windcharger? disintegrating Starscream? Vector Cyclonus and Scourge?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
If it were up to me?

I would do that but as two boxes, the first the front half where the Autobots are gunnedd down, while the other pack would be the rear having the inviding Decepticons, at least the ones you see in the shot of them firing on the cons

Top Bottom