Studio Series discussion

The Phazer

Citizen
genuine question: how many people are actually buying these?

like i get that 'dead optimus prime' is well established as a REMEMBER TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE??? REMEMBER WHEN PRIME DIED BECAUSE HASBRO JUST VIEWED THESE CHARACTERS AS PRODUCT AND NOTHING ELSE? nostalgia repaint for optimus prime figures at this point, but how much of a market is there specifically for these types of figures?

i mean it must be enough for them to keep making them i guess but also still it's just weird, are we gonna get a wheeljack corpse repaint/retool later on?

I can still pick the first set up at a huge discount, so not many.

I suspect these are only getting released because they had spent the money on Brawn's tooling before the Prowl/Ironhide set sheflwarmed.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I also just got the last one for the Prowl and blast effects. I didn't have the Ironhide yet so that was okay. Just need to find a good way to unshatter his windshield since his head sculpt can pass for ornery yellin'.

I'm just in it for the blast effects at this point, but if this set also hits heavy discount like the first one, idk.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Find a toy in plastic bubble packaging, cut the clear plastic to fit and paint it to match the other windows. Attach it over the windshield with hot glue or blu-tack since it's gonna get covered up anyway and to keep it removable.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I also just got the last one for the Prowl and blast effects. I didn't have the Ironhide yet so that was okay. Just need to find a good way to unshatter his windshield since his head sculpt can pass for ornery yellin'.

I'm just in it for the blast effects at this point, but if this set also hits heavy discount like the first one, idk.

I've been surprised I've yet to find a 3p add-on that does that. If they did that, I might get this for a non-clear plastic Ratchet.

Kup

Citizen
Leaked in hand photos confirm no exit wound for Brawn (or accompanying smoke blast effect). I feel like these (and smoke for Prowl’s face) were missed opportunities for a set they’re unlikely to ever revisit.

Oh well.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Hooray, more dead people.
tumblr_pg054nMUFA1v388zto1_1280.jpg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm just gonna stick with the Siege versions for now. They're popular enough that they'll get new toys sooner or later, so I can wait.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro will learn to stop using clear plastic, and it will be good. And just when we think we're safe they will revert to clear plastic for some toy just so a set won't match.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm guessing the windscreen as that is the part that doesn't sit properly on my copy and same with Ratchet, it lessens my impression of the figures which apart of the reason I skipped the dying verisons and I just don't want to force those parts down!

It works better on the dying version, as the non-transparrent plastic is more flexible and doesn't take much to get to line up and connect.

Top Bottom