Studio Series discussion

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
And Blaster didn't even have cassette minions originally. His toy's cassette door was even sealed shut during its original 1985 release before the gimmick was restored for his second release in 1986.

This is absolutely not true about the US release. I had the original 85 Blaster right when it came out. Door spring loaded popped open when you pushed his buttons fine right from the start. It's called out in his instructions that he holds the cassettes even before there were Autobot ones.

-ZacWilliam, never ever heard anyone even claim this before.

Edit: A glance at TF wiki confirms that Blaster had working springloaded buttons and opening chest right from the start, though there was an assembly error that happened sometimes that caused some of them to jam up and not work internally but that was a defect and not intentional.

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I question how "common" that missassembly actually was as mine worked fine as did the Blasters of my friends who had him in 85. I don't doubt it happened but I would be surprised if it was super common.

-ZacWilliam, and it definitely wasn't an intentional sealing of the door as his original instructions call out him holding microcassette toys.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
My (second hand) childhood Blaster has a jammed door mechanism. I never bothered trying to figure out how to make it operational again (never had second hand tapes for him).

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Is there a single known example of one of these misassembled Blasters today?
Wouldn’t be very helpful. We’d have no idea if it were like that to begin with versus rough play or something breaking in the intervening 30+ years. Even then all it would prove is that at least one Blaster had jacked up tape door.

Blot

Citizen
Yes it was like that on the cartoon but it’s clearly meant to represent the sticker on the toy meant to look like a cassette. It’s dumb but I get it, Blaster has to take any differences from Kingdom he can because there barely are any.
Actually it's a bit more meta than that: It's most likely the included mini-tape the Microchange had that contained the radio electronics! So not only was Blaster's model based on that extra detail the final toy lacks, it also was mistransformed: look at how his thighs are are, those are the slide joints of the legs not pushed in!

Shadewing

Citizen
it also was mistransformed: look at how his thighs are are, those are the slide joints of the legs not pushed in!

While I had to look a picture of G1 Blaster to understand what you meant as it wasn't clicking in my brain at first, or second... Now that it does and I see it, I can't believe I didn't notice that before.

RetroBlasterSteeljaw.jpeg

G1_Blaster_toy.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think I remember a kid bringing Blaster to show and tell back in the day, and said the door didn't open on his.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - mine looked exactly like that pic: the eject button slightly uneven and the door stuck closed (and none of the buttons working at all). I didn't have any tapes for him, so it didn't really matter.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm thinking if I get that Sunstreaker I might just put him with the Seige guys.

He'll likely look out of place with that headscuplt, not sure why these live action desgins always have ugly faces on robot modes, I just had conspect Megatron in the other day, while he looks good overall, the face it just kind of ugly.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Hi Transformer fans,

Hope you all enjoyed the reveals @bmacatron84 took you all through at Wondercon for Studio Series.

While it will be a minute before the official photos get out there, I thought it would be a good idea to snap a few and walk you through the design for LDR Swoop! The final LDR Dinobot to complete the team. Thanks for waiting!

As with all the other Dinobots, this figure comes to you from the ever hardworking Hasui san.

You can see that no corner was left untouched with his masterful sketches.

Swoop comes with his 2 signature Rocket Launchers, his toy Thermal Sword and Grimlock's toy Energo Sword. Design and Colors follow the animation appearance with the Blue chest that we rarely seem to get with Swoop toys.

He is flight stand compatible so you can re-create the amazing scenes from his introductory episode where he somehow punches Grimlock with his robot mode arms even though he's in Dino mode.

He can of course also stand upright so you can make sure to tell him all the good parts of the story.

His Rocket launchers are 5mm port compatible so you can use blast effects to re-create him firing his missiles at Unicron. His Dino Mouth (like 3 of the other Dinobots and Snarl's Tail) has a 3mm port inside so you can use the Jetfire Blast effects to re-create him breathing fire.

I hope you all get a chance to enjoy him and finish your Dinobot team.
I know some of you are still missing a few of these guys (Grimlock) and all I can say is we are aware and we're going to get him back out there as soon as we can.

Thanks for all the support and be on the look out for more TF goodness for the 40th anniversary!

-Evan

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (16)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (15)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (14)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (13)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (12)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of 86 Leader Swoop Concept Design on Transformers Studio Series (17)__scaled_800.jpg

(Source: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C5OSlQaO-vQ/?img_index=1 )

Top Bottom