Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I failed to pay attention to the time, and discovered Steeljaw's already sold out on Pulse. 😓 BBTS it is I guess.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
With the Added wrist cannon and accessories Im getting Springer
Bee and Steeljaw are a pass

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Hm. Very nice-looking toys, but it's hard to feel like Bumblebee and Springer are toys I particularly need or want. Springer especially since he's been bumped up a pricepoint.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
And the reason for Bee being a pass is because Missing Link BB and Cliff

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Weird, the new Studio Series weren't showing up under the New heading on Pulse, so I thought they just hadn't put them up yet, but if I search by name they're there. And Sold Out of course for the 86 stuff

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hm. Very nice-looking toys, but it's hard to feel like Bumblebee and Springer are toys I particularly need or want. Springer especially since he's been bumped up a pricepoint.
Because he is :p

They outright said Leader Springer uses tooling from the Siege version.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Even though I have both Stege and Wrecker Springer. This new one still looks good enough for me to want to ge5 Him a third time. Skywarp I want because, you know, more Seekers and I have a problem. :)

Bee being the cartoony chibi Beetle… not Sure how I feel about it.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I like the cleaner look, not sure if it warrants the money though.

Attachments

• Springer Bot.png
    Springer Bot.png
    476.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Springer Car.jpg
    Springer Car.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Springer Copter.jpg
    Springer Copter.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Springer.jpg
    Springer.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 22

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Main vehicle mode differences it looks like are, apart from colors:
- the tailfins sticking out in car mode(though this might be something the Siege version could do? Don't have it handy)
- the two intake things in the middle that can swing up and down

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I ordered Steeljaw. He's really the only thing shown I need in SS. Bumblebee and Springer both look good but not better enough than the last versions that I feel like I need to double dip.

-ZacWilliam, and I got Straxus as well cause I love me the Marvel Comic.

Dake

Citizen
I will say, I'm bummed Skywarp is gray and purple instead of black and purple ( even it is more screen accurate).

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
SS86 Springer makes me kinda wish that I hadn't passed up Siege Springer a few years ago when I was balking at $40 voyagers.

Did get preorders in for Steeljaw and Bee, though.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I'm actually kinda interested in that Skywarp... it definitely is different from his usual look, but it's a nice color scheme on its own. Is that mold good and worth getting?

I'll probably be getting Springer as I didn't get the Siege one, and this one looks to be an improvement. Not wild about paying Leader price for it though, don't really care about the accessories. The hammer looks cheesy, would've looked better in grey (though apparently they included it because they had space on the sprue, so had to be that light green I guess). And the artillery missile, like... what are you gonna do with it besides re-enact that one scene?

I wonder if it might shelfwarm like Blitzwing and be obtainable at discount. Not sure if any of the other SS86 stuff (apart from Coronation Starscream) has though.

Dake

Citizen
Personally I think the Bee movie Seeker design toy is a fantastic bot mode, let down only by the impossibility of its alt mode. There was just no way to make it as sleek as what we saw on screen. That being said, it's still interesting.

Top Bottom