Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What you like is your prerogative, but seasons 2-4 of Cyberverse were pretty great, while EarthSpark has been very good so far.

Cyberverse was good, but I was thinking more along the main line TV series. I haven't seen Earthspark yet.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't get past the mobile game aesthetic. I don't know why it bothers me. There's nothing wrong with it. Something in my brain just gets itchy when I see it.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I think they kinda fumbled the end of the season, but otherwise Earthspark is fantastic and I highly recommend it. It's probably the freshest take on Transformers we've had in awhile. (Even while having the prerequisite cast of Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee etc. etc.)

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Something about the CGI aesthetic of Earthspark really puts me off, especially the Transformers themselves. Somehow they managed to make robots fall into the uncanny valley to me, I don't know how but they did it.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Best thing they’ve done since Animated IMO.
And like Animated I like it for the most part save the art style. It's not as egregious as Animated in my mind, but it's the faces, man. Earthspark's robot faces are just WEIRD

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
To me, it's really only just Optimus's face that looks weird, with his oddly pronounced cheekbones and that vertically-elongated mouthplate. Everyone else looks pretty much okay, face-wise.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
To me, it's really only just Optimus's face that looks weird, with his oddly pronounced cheekbones and that vertically-elongated mouthplate. Everyone else looks pretty much okay, face-wise.
Some are better than others. Optimus is the worst. Arcee looks fine. Everyone else looks varying degrees of "off" to me.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’d love something like Universe 1.0 where they just repaint a bunch of old molds and support it with like a series be it comic or TV
There really wasn't much to support Universe 1.0, either, unless you were a club member.

Badgertron

Citizen
So I just opened SS86 Ultra Magnus and WOW, photography on this figure was so misleading. Even seeing pictures from earlier in this thread showed him as a slightly more mellow blue, closer to the movie or a darker version of his toy blue, but in person it has a LOT more purple to it, I'm guessing in the same way that the Troop Builder 4 pack seeker was a purpler blue than Thundercracker. But it looks like a completely different blue from some of the photography I've seen of it. Unfortunately, I don't really see them doing a toy colours version of this mold anytime soon, as it wouldn't be enough of a change. Still seems like a very solid and fun figure though!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Soooooo.......Does Snarl actually exist and when are we going to get word on Swoop?
I've seen Snarl once, at a GameStop, and never ever again since (and I didn't have the money for him at the time, so I missed out). That was last summer/autumn.

Meanwhile, retail stores are still filled to the brim with leftover Sludges and Coronation Starscreams that simpy won't go away.

Top Bottom