Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
When Core class eventually stops existing because we can't have nice things, I feel like we'll probably continue to get Small Guys Because They Were Small In The Cartoon one way or another. As such, I'd rather we get as many Small Versions Of Big/Regular Sized Guys as possible while it lasts.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I like what they did with the Cliffjumper/Bumblebee-as-Deluxe releases, and I would welcome more along those lines. Both are still appropriately small compared with other Deluxes, but they're packed with enough engineering and accessories as to be worth the price of admission. But yeah, for what it is, Core Class is mostly decent enough to get the job done.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Amazon still says my Sludge is coming tomorrow. It has not shipped yet...

-ZacWilliam, waiting to see...

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Mine came on Sunday or Monday from them.
20220722_230519.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, my idea that maybe they didn't push up Wheelie's car-mode nose to be flush with the brick-like bit was wrong, looking at some of the new pics that there isn't a joint there at all. Which is really odd, since it certainly looks like that was the intent of the entire shape of the front end, otherwise...

The Phazer

Citizen
Well, my idea that maybe they didn't push up Wheelie's car-mode nose to be flush with the brick-like bit was wrong, looking at some of the new pics that there isn't a joint there at all. Which is really odd, since it certainly looks like that was the intent of the entire shape of the front end, otherwise...

Last minute cost cutting?

Pictures of Ironhide are out -

Looks okay without looking amazing... his legs are very wide - it would help if that hinge section actually swings behind the legs, and if you can reposition the thighs so they're a bit nearer the centre of the lower legs that would help a lot, so let's see if he's mistransformed a bit. If not... seems a bit lacking for a deluxe in Voyager packing.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
It's really too early to get a final opinion based on that first (low quality) picture. I'm pretty certain that cut job on the image also removed parts from the figure, but we'll have to wait and see.

At least the feet look to form the back of the van this time, though.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Looks like a fairly lateral move compared to Earthrise. If I hadn't managed to snag an Earthrise one, I'd be happy for the second chance, but I don't feel a need to upgrade.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Wait, so Ratchet is stuck at core class, but Ironhide gets to be a voyager?! :mad:

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
Wait, so Ratchet is stuck at core class, but Ironhide gets to be a voyager?! :mad:
As someone else in (I think) this thread said (probably) jokingly: the current design team is so committed to cartoon accuracy that they want people to be able to recreate this animation error. 8D

That aside, it could just be the poor quality of this pic, but Ironhide is looking kind of... puffy there. Like novelty gummy candy. =P Also, I'm not particularly filled with confidence by the additional rumor that majority of this guy's parts are translucent pieces painted red. >.<

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Seconded. I like how solid the upper torso is looking, too. I'm also not sure why that mattered so much before now. :LOL:

The Phazer

Citizen
Yeah, that is a much more flattering shot.

That said, a deluxe in a voyager box isn't even getting us flaps to cover arm gaps now :-/

Top Bottom