Sonic The Hedgehog

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The actual trailer, because I am weak, I needed context.

I guess this is a expanded remaster with a new story added on.

Think like "Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury", I guess? As long as it doesn't end up like the Colors Remaster, this could be good.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
This looks good and I guess is the answer to what Sega will be doing to lead up to Sonic movie 3. Some of the writing mentioning bonus content seems to imply stuff other than the Shadow additions. I wonder just what that could be. Possible story tweaks to make things more in line with the current character portrayals? Maybe some new levels? It's worth noting that the DS version of the game had mostly different levels from the console version, up to replacing 06's level with one from Sonic Rush. Though the DS levels were only 2D so who knows what the bonus content will be.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If he uses a gun at any point, I hope they manage to keep it a complete secret until the first players find it. They have to know we'll be on the edge of our seats wondering.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Some corners of the internet seem to be trying to rehabilitate that game's reputation, and I'm wondering if it's genuine or if it's a Morbius situation.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Some corners of the internet seem to be trying to rehabilitate that game's reputation, and I'm wondering if it's genuine or if it's a Morbius situation.
Theres a whole contingent of players who are pushing "ok but Sonic 06 wasnt that bad really"

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, also the Sonic P-06 fangame cleaning up 06's glitches and problems and making it into something pretty good, by all accounts.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I don't remember if I've said it before in this thread or not, but the Sonic 2006 remake project is the definition of polishing a turd to me. Because sure, you can fix the bugs, but you can't very well get rid of the horrible story, or the horribly mismatched art styles, or the fact that you spend almost a third of it playing as Havok the Physics Engine, or cycling between NINE different playable characters, including having to play as characters from the other two stories sometimes because the levels weren't actually designed to accommodate you and your teammates.

Take away everything that's wrong with Sonic 2006 and all you have is a blank disc.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, in contrast, actually seems salvageable, provided you can get into the premise of constantly switching between the four characters. About the most fundamentally-wrong thing about it is that they named the big new villain "Lyric" of all bloody things.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
A competition between Rise of Lyric and 06 on which game is more flawed could be interesting since both are buggy and broken games. However, the reason Project 06 seems to work (haven't played it) is that it takes the part that that has the most promise, the action stages, and only fixes those. It doesn't touch the story, the adventure stages/overworld, or even the boss fights. Rise of Lyric doesn't seem to be as easy to section off but I don't know which projects are working on it.

Also, both games do dumb time travel stuff in their stories so I'm not sure which is truly worse.

Last edited:

Top Bottom