Sonic The Hedgehog

spikeriley

Citizen
Yeah, "Classic" and "Modern" WERE separated and considered two timelines a few years ago but Sega changed their minds again. Sometime around last year.

July 2018:

November 2022:

...You know, until Sega changes their minds AGAIN, and Classic is revealed to actually be the FUTURE of Modern and not the other way around for some reason.

If that's the case, then I wonder where Fang, Mighty, and Ray are in the present timeline? Possibly killed off during an Eggman attack?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, in the comics, Mighty and Ray are kinda-sorta treated like a another pair of Sonic and Tails. They're off on their OWN around the world journey, the specifics of which change depending on the version of the comics. And Fang...has probably learned to AVOID Sonic, whenever he's around, since he's more about the money than the glory of battle, usually.

In the games? Let's say they're all having a tea party with Cream and Cheese and Big and the Chaotix and all the other characters Sega don't get to use all that often in the games proper.

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Intriguingly, the question going through my head is "what's the catch?". This seems like this would be from only one or two episodes, we know eight are left, and there's a fair number of third parties running around to throw a wrench in the mix. Nine's flaw is his ego (sorta like Eggman, actually) so there's plenty of unforeseen swerves that can throw him off. Like the fact that the Council didn't get defeated in Season 2 and they opened several portals.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This should be entertaining to watch, so far, I rather like Sonic Prime, more than Boom, I quickly got bored with Boom as it felt like there was no real stakes and Eggman was more just a nusance than a actual threat!

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
AoStH isn't a dramatic epic?

But on a (somewhat) serious note, watching every Sonic show last year showcased that there's probably a show for most people but most people won't like every show. Now that I've seen them all myself, I wonder how my own opinion will shift on future rewatches. There were a lot of surprises and nuances in some of these shows.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Final Horizon drops 5PM PST/8PM EST/1AM BST. The final trailer has dropped:

As much as Tails is my favorite character and a much as I thought Knuckles would be perfect for exploring Ares Island...Amy's gonna be nuts. Looking forward to tonight.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Speaking of Amy; her anniversary issue came out this week, and it's pretty awesome as well. I actually like it alot more then Tails; and I kinda wish they did more with her Tarot Card stuff else where, because its really damn cool here. I honestly think it makes her a much more interesting character if she can use these as a way to loosely predict the future. Makes her stand out more on her own as a character, becuase right now she's kinda becoming Sonic Lite.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I kinda wish they did more with her Tarot Card stuff else where, because its really damn cool here.

Hmm...
cardcaptor_amy_by_small__panda_de4do9w-fullview.jpg

"Cardcaptors of the Chao, expect the unexpected now..."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
because right now she's kinda becoming Sonic Lite.
I sorta disagree with that in the specifics. Classic Amy probably fits that the most due to those being one button games and playing like Sonic is about the only way to make her playable. And the Classic versions of Sonic and Amy look way more alike than Modern Sonic and Shadow. Amy's problem in Modern games, in both gameplay and personality, is that she's intriguingly blatant and subtle at the same time. She does fit into a "Girl Sonic" mold in some ways but has plenty of her own nuances. I think it all comes back to never getting her own game. We do have The Murder of Sonic but even there she technically isn't the primary or secondary lead.

Frontiers may be the start of combining her previous gameplay elements. I'm early in the update but I see elements of 06, Boom, Adventure 1, and Advance 1 in her moveset. I also need to give Sonic Team credit since Update 3's Uranos island simply feels more polished than the rest of the islands. Haven't went flying from tripping over a rock and floating structures feel better integrated.

Top Bottom