Show me your Retro gaming collections!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My PS2 collection. I thought that I had more than this but I guess not. 5DF90DC2-620D-490E-8986-C6144706367E.jpegAA13C642-10C7-4FA4-9B0D-EA506C626865.jpeg0633971E-4FE5-4448-AF71-C45162795AEA.jpeg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here is my Xbox 360 collection. You can tell I went all out in this system. It was my favorite of the generation and one of my favorite systems since the NES days.
2B748C2F-7AC0-4DF9-92AE-074B2F5676AF.jpeg
534FC9A3-EB9B-4FBD-A91E-5EAF717E2723.jpeg
04D6C1FD-BC2F-4FA3-9578-94E66AF410A3.jpegFE73EB64-F0C3-4E44-ADC0-D9ABAFD2461A.jpeg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
C266269F-A1E3-4E9A-8EE1-4586642F4365.jpeg
Here is my ps3 collection. Most of it is just the standard stuff. Half of it is still sealed. I am afraid I just didn’t play too much as I just used my ps3 for ddr and blu-rays.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
544CB7A2-EAE8-47E5-8AD0-2C9C9BAD7BDE.jpeg

And finally here is my Wii collection. I didn’t get into collecting for this system until it was on the way out. A couple duplicates in there as I was the high bidder on a few auctions back in the day.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still need to go through my Dreamcast and PS1 collections, but that is most of my retro stuff.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Lol. Yeah it was one where I bid two low bids on two different auctions and win both of them

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So this weekend, we went to a freeplay arcade that is about an hour or so drive north of us, and had a great time there. I got to play a Fix it Felix machine, do all the Star Wars Battle pod missions, and play some ddr, Guitar hero, and Terminator, as well as a few other games. Although I spent a lot of tie trying to keep an eye on the kids as my wife and i had trouble wrangling all three to stay together.

After that we went to a little game shop nearby that a friend had told me about. At first I was a little disspointed in their selection, but they pulled out a bunch of boxed NES games out of the back! I was tempted to get them all, but I settled for just one of them,

1687269169207.png

Not a game I played as a kid, but that cover is iconic and one I am familiar with. I will definitely be going back there to fill in some more holes in my collection.

wentwood

Citizen
I play retro games on PS1 mini flash drives as it saves shelf space.

I already filled one shelf with PS 2 games and have 38 of them with all the Mega Man games and
Street Fighter II and III New Generation.

For Arcade History on Tekken 5 I own the first 3 games so I can play all 5.

the others I plan to run on PS1 emulator. I already have a bunch of Roms for the games that got missed.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I will be doing some rearranging of my retro shelves this week. I have some ideas on how to display them better.

wentwood

Citizen
I bought Tomb Raider I - V for Play Station 1.

Play Station 2 had backward comparability.

With a PC you can't go beyond Windows 95 as the first 5 games were during the DOS era on PC.

Tomb Raider VI - IX were where you would likely need to get a new PC when a new Tomb Raider game released and Angel Of Darkness - Underworld had luckily been released for the PS 2.

Tomb Raider X - XII (Survivor Trilogy) will be another issue.

I will wait on these games.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
With a PC you can't go beyond Windows 95 as the first 5 games were during the DOS era on PC.

Useful tip. I mean, I don't have a computer that would run Windows 95 anymore. So...yeah. But at least now I know why my old games won't run.

wentwood

Citizen
Tomb Raider I - V were released during Windows 95 and 98.

I have a PS 2. Now I can play up to Underworld.

I didn't want to have to get a new PC when Tomb Raider came out.

Every few years Microsoft would have a new system and you would only be able to play current Tomb Raider instalment Angel Of Darkness - Underworld.

One computer per Tomb Raider game.

I want to play as many games on one system as I can.

So I'll wait til I can get all 3 on one system. (Survivor Trilogy X - XII)

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
PS4 or PS5 will have you covered with the survivor trilogy. PS4 would probably be less expensive. PS5 would have you covered with any new games coming out (since I know you also like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest).

wentwood

Citizen
PS 3 forward have had loud fan issues.

Also the Trilogy can run a combined 62 G of space.

So I would be tempted to play Tomb Raider X - XII on a PC with a large HD.

Up to Tomb Raider IX Underworld they ran on the PS 2 game disk and you used a memory card to save your game.

Given that Final Fantasy XV runs 50 G of space this was my main consideration for going PC for Tomb Raider.

wentwood

Citizen
I chose Final Fantasy IX to test PS 2 backward compadability.

As that worked I got the PS 1 Tomb Raider games.

Caldwin

Citizen
Ah! Tomb Raider:Last Revelation marked the end of my PC gaming days. I didn't have a PlayStation at the time, so it was the only way I had to play it.

One thing I liked more on the PC vs. PS version was save anywhere instead of save crystals.

I don't know what the PC gaming atmosphere is like now. I'm not sure how long it'll take for Final Fantasy XVI to come out on PC. It just came out on PS5 today.

As far as jet engine fans, PS5 has a bit of it, but not as bad as PS4 in my experience. It never really distracted me from the games. Just keep the vents unblocked and clean the insides occasionally.

Top Bottom